Tobias

Original chapter title: Let's Get This Over With

The candy store is decorated in extremely bright, mostly neon colors. Tris giggles- something she never does- when I shield my eyes as if the bright colors are blinding me. We hold hands and walk around the store. "So what aunt and uncle let you come here?" I ask her. "I thought both of your parents were only children."

"They were." She nods. "It was my Aunt Tori and Uncle Bud. They aren't married and they aren't my real aunt and uncle. Bud was my mom's best friend, and Tori was best friends with my dad."

"Oh," I nod, sliding my arm around her waist.

"They told me that when we come home they want to meet you." She looks up at me and smiles, a little bit of shyness hiding in it. "They think we're dating."

I smile back down at her. "Well, I guess we sorta are." I tell her.

"Yeah, true." She looks thoughtful for a minute, then looks up at me. "Should I call you my boyfriend?"

The question catches me off guard. I shrug, trying to seem nonchalant about it, but in reality my heart's pounding so hard that I'm positive she can hear it. "If you want."

"Okay then. I guess we're dating."

"I guess so."

"TRIS!" Cara and Christina shout across the store. Tris lets out a sigh, looking up at me as if she's expecting me to tell her to go over to them.

"Go ahead. I'm sure that Zeke wants to talk to me anyways." She smiles and kisses me quickly before runs off after the other girls. It still hasn't really registered that Tris is my girlfriend.