Tris

Original chapter title: Run!

I start to walk out of school after detention- thank you, Molly- when I freeze. Not like cold freeze, but like suddenly stop-freeze. There's loud shouting and the sounds of gunfire.

A shooting?

At my school?

We're in fucking Hickville, U.S.A.!

When I slowly back up, I run into something. Well, someone.

An arm wraps around my waist and holds me in a viselike grip. "Now, where do you think you're going?" The person asks, his mouth next to my ear. He moves his hand to touch me- I really don't give a damn where, the bastard wants to freaking touch me though- and I kick him in the knee. He tightens his grip on me and starts dragging me over to his friends.

They all laugh and shout, several of them wolf-whistling when they see me. The asshole that grabbed me shoves me to the ground, which makes them laugh and jeer even more. I start to stand, but the one guy shoves me back down, pointing his gun at me.

"Damn, you actually got a pretty one this time!" One of the guys shouts. Another one adds something about not being able to wait until he gets me in his bed or something, and my insides writhe in disgust.

"Why don't you let her go?" My head whips around, and I feel my eyes widen when I see Will standing ten feet away, holding a shotgun. Where the fucking hell did that come from? I briefly remember Will saying that he lives in a shady part of town and keeps on in his car.

 Will looks freaking pissed, and I don't doubt that he won't blow the heads off of every single one of these guys.

"How about no." The guy that grabbed me says flatly, raising his gun. I recognize Eric and Drew in the crowd of guys. Eric winks at me, and I know that he's the one that made the sleeping with me comment. Well shit.

"Will!" I shout, trying to warn him to forget about me and get the hell out of here. He ignores me and fires his gun at the guy that grabbed me. There's an explosion of red, and the guy falls to the ground, dead.

Something warm and thick falls from the air and splatters on my skin. I try not to think about it.

Of course, then Eric raises his gun and fires. I watch in horror as Will drops to the ground, dead as well. And if not, almost there.

He slowly turns his head to look at me, and he mouths one word: Run. I hear sirens wailing and nod. All of the guys are distracted, so I stand up and run as fast as I can. A few of them shoot at me as I run, but they must suck at shooting because the bullets hit five feet away from me at the closest.

Oh god, please don't let Will be dead. 

Please don't let Will be dead.