Tris

Original chapter title: We're Baaaaaack

I'm starting to like Molly and Peter being suspended. Of course, when I'm walking to third period with Marlene, I feel a hard tap on my shoulder. Naturally, I whirl around... and feel someone's fist connect with my face.

The blow makes me stumble backwards. I hold my hands over my face. Several people laugh, and I feel blood pooling in my hands. "Haven't you ever heard of the 'no hitting girls' rule, Peter? Or are you just that thick-skulled that it never sunk in?" Marlene sneers.

"Shut the hell up." Peter snaps and shoves Marlene backwards. Good thing Uriah's not here. Peter wouldn't get out of here alive. I steady Marlene and turn to him, my nose gushing blood. Without even thinking, I bring my foot up hard between his legs.

"BEATRICE PRIOR!" I see Principal Matthews's secretary, Mrs. Playton, hurrying towards us. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Self defense." I shrug, leaning my head forward and pinching the bridge of my nose.

"You had no right-"

"She had every right, considering that he punched her in the face and shoved me." The secretary does nothing but glare at us and help Peter up, who gives me a sharp glare and follows her to the office. Point one for Tris. I look at the ground as Marlene leads me to the nurse, my blood leaving crimson dots on the polished tile hallway floor. Tilting your head back means the blood going down your throat and into your stomach. It'll make you sick. Gross, I know. But it's the truth.

"Let's hope that you kicked him hard enough that he can't have any kids." Marlene jokes.

I laugh. "We can only hope." I sit on one of the benches outside of the nurse's office and tell Marlene to go down to gym. After hesitating for a moment, she nods and goes. Let's just hope it doesn't spread too fast that I totally kicked Peter's ass...