Uriah

Original chapter title: Aliens=Creepy?

Throughout the Great Movie Ride, Marlene looked happy and a little insane, pointing things out that don't really matter, but are actually pretty cool. Mostly to Lynn, but I still pay attention.

It wasn't until we got to Alien that her happiness disappeared.

As soon as the doors into Alien open and the car starts to slow, Marlene grips my hand tightly, our fight from the other day forgotten completely. She looks scared shitless.

"What's wrong?" I whisper.

"I-I hate this part." Her voice shakes.

"Why?" I ask.

"Wh-when I was younger, probably like six, I wanted to get on this ride. My parents didn't but they let me get on alone. Told me that there was nothing scary about it. They knew about this part." She swallows hard. "I sat where you are now- the outside, farthest from the door- and was looking right up there when the alien popped out." She points to a hole in the ceilig up ahead.

"Why would they do that to you?" I already know why.

"I-I don't know. Maybe they thought it would be funny to watch me run out crying. You know how they are." I nod. Marlene's parents aren't like Four's dad, but they are cruel to her for no reason.

"It's fine." I smile and tell her. "I'm here, right?" Shenods, and I slide my arm around her shoulders. She rests her head on my shoulder and steadies her breathing.

"The alien's above us." I tell her, looking up at the hole in the ceiling directly above our heads. "Look at it. It looks so fake." Slowly, she does. Then she looks at me and starts laughing, almost as if she's unable to believe her stupidity.

"You're right. I can't believe I was so afraid of it." She says, even though I can barely understand her since she's giggling hysterically. She then seems to realize that she's not throwing me the cold shoulder, and starts to pull off of me. I give her a look, hoping that she gets that for just this ride, I want to put that fight to the back of my mind. She nods and leans back against me. Then, just to be a dork, she waves at a security camera.

"You're weird, ya know that, right?"

"You don't exactly let me forget it." She grins, and I know that she's willing to forgive me for a few minutes until this ride is over. Her eyes give away her intentions, though- she's not cutting me a break once we get off.