Lynn

Original chapter title: If The Shoe Fits...

A/N: Tris's outfit is on the right (just the dress and shoes)

"Tris?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut the hell up and stop squirming!" Christina stands in front of Tris and then adjusts her blue and white skirt for probably the millionth time while Lauren and I pin back parts of her hair before taking them out and starting again.

"But Christina-" Tris starts to whine.

"No buts." I cut her off. "Monday is the start of the last week of school, and you're not coming to Disney. So just shut up and let us make you pretty and more girly for the dance before Christina decides to go soap-opera drama on us."

"And let's pray that you and Four don't do anything tonight..." Lauren grins wickedly.

"Lauren!" Tris shouts, her cheeks turning bright red. She covers her face with her hands.

I laugh, bending over at the waist and hoping I don't collapse- that's how hard I'm laughing. "Oh god, and if they do, let's hope that in nine months there isn't a little version of them running around!" The three of us almost fall over each other laughing.

"Very funny." Tris snaps sarcastically. "So hilarious."

Christina composes herself, fixes Tris's dress again, and clasps her hands together, smiling in approval. "Done!" She motions for Tris to twirl. The blonde- who is still quite obviously pissed at us- begrudgingly obliges.

"Four'll love it!" Lauren grins. Tris mutters what sounds like a 'whatever' and sits down, pulling on the brown leather combat boots that match. I drop down next to her.

"You're pretty, Tris." I look like some punk rock magazine vomited on me, and it looks fine, but Tris has this slightly-girlish appearance. Not delicate, but not like she'll stab you if you even consider saying hi.

"Thanks, but I'm really not." She smiles at the ground, still pulling on the boots.

"Hey," Chris sits down next to her. "Is this about your parents?" Tris nods. "You're amazing, Tris. Seriously. To make Four that happy all the time, well, you've got to be special. Okay?"

"Okay." Tris smiles.

"Okay girlies, time to go!" Shauna comes in, still in a wheelchair but grinning like a madwoman. You've got to love my sister. We all grin and race out to the car, laughing and smiling like people on drugs or a bunch of first graders. The jury's still out on which we are.

First graders.

We're definitely first graders.