Tobias

Original chapter title: An Unexpected Turn of Events

A/N: On the right is Tris's outfit (just the dress. she's wearing black sandals with it). Her hairstyle is in the external link.

Today's our first day in Disney World. Well, our second day on Disney property, but our first day in the parks. Of course, it was decided that we go to the Magic Kingdom and ride almost everything there before we go to any other park.

Lucky for all of us, Marlene's healed and happy, and was actually jumping on her bed last night like a nutcase, or a five-year-old on a sugar high.

Caleb bailed, saying that he didn't need to go to Disney World again. Tris had come to say goodbye before we left, assuring me that she'd be fine while I'm away and that she'll figure out something to do. She'd taken the fact that she couldn't go better than the rest of us, even when she found out that they'd added a ton of new things to Fantasyland. We're walking through that part of the park, not too far from where you can go back to where Ariel and Belle's castles are when Lynn sees her.

"Hey," She says, nudging Zeke in the ribs. "That chick looks like Tris." She points to a blonde in a floral dress.

"Exactly like Tris." Lauren agrees. They're right. They short blonde looks a lot like Tris, even in a black, pink, yellow, green, and light blue floral dress and purple flats. She talks to a Cast Member, occassionally looking down to wherever they point on her park map.

"But it's not. Tris is at home, remember?" Zeke reminds us, snapping me out of my reverie. I nod in agreement, trying to convince myself that this girl is not Tris. And aren't there supposedly seven people in the world that look just like you?

The blonde girl turns around, and sure enough, it's Tris. Marlene, Lynn, Christina, and Lauren are the first to really register that it's her. They shout her name and wave, and when her eyes land on us she says something to the cast member before running over to our group. The girls all hug, smiling and laughing. She hugs Shauna, Cara, Zeke, and Uriah, the last two all but lifting her off the ground and twirling her around. She stops in front of me.

"I thought you weren't allowed to come."

"I wasn't." She smiles shyly, brushing a loose blonde wave that fell from her bun behind her ear. "But my aunt and uncle- my real aunt and uncle- decided that my adoptive parents were being cruel and unfair and paid for the whole trip." 

She stands on her tiptoes and presses her mouth to mine. I lift her up and spin her around. "God, I love your aunt and uncle right now."

I place her on the ground carefully. One of her hands rests on my chest, the other on my neck. She grins up at me, her eyes lighting up. Today they're a bright blue, the same color as the summer sky. "So do I." She says.

"Hey lovebirds!" Christina calls as the others start to walk away. "Let's go!" 

We look at each other, laugh, and chase after her and our other friends, holding hands tightly. My dad's not here, my friends are all with me, and probably the prettiest girl I've ever seen is here with me too.

I think this will be the best week of my life.