Lynn

Original chapter title: Nothing Unusual

Marlene flips backwards over Uriah's bed, staring at me with absolutely no patience as I try to finish my math homework. "Done!" I throw down my pencil, smirking at Uriah. He makes a face and flips me off.

"You know what I could go for right now?" Marlene says randomly, her brown eyes wide and thoughtful.

"A muffin." We all say at the same time. We look at each other, bored expressions on our faces, and burst out laughing.

"Oh my god, we need a life." I say, still laughing and trying to wipe tears from my eyes. The last thing I need is for my eyeliner to run, especially because I still have to ride my bike home.

"Yup." Uriah agrees, nodding and still laughing as well. He stops and stands up suddenly, starting to run out the door. "Last on outside's an ignorant pansycake!" He calls over his shoulder. I roll my eyes, looking at Marlene.

"Oh, it's on now!" She shouts and we jump up, shoving each other out of the way and racing out of his room.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Uriah!" Marlene shrieks when she surfaces. I laugh, falling over into the grass like an idiot. Uriah grins from the edge of the pool at Marlene, who is now completely soaked. "You ruined my makeup!"

"When will she learn?" He asks me, grinning. Marlene moves to get out of the pool, but he pushes her back in.

"Have I ever told you I hate you?" She asks, scowling. She crosses her arms over her chest.

He lays on his stomach in front of her so that they're face-to face and gives her a goofy grin. "Aww, c'mon Marlene. You looooooooove me." She sticks her tongue out and smacks him in the head. I swear this is one of those mushy Hallmark moments where they then start making out.

Or where she yanks his dumb ass into the pool. Either one is okay with me.

My phone vibrates, and I pull it out of my back pocket. It's a text from Shauna, telling me that I have to get my ass back now, or else. "Later guys!" I shout, already starting out of the backyard while fiddling with one of my many ear piercings. "I gotta go home!"

"Aww!" Marlene whines. "Bye Lynn!" I wave over my shoulder and get on my bike, quickly pedalling home. Let's hope my mom doesn't kill me for being late...again.