Uriah

Original chapter title: An Extreme Case of Stupidity

The dance was going great until Eric decided to show up. First, he tripped Tris, earning a hard punch from Four and a black eye. Then he threatened Marlene. As if that wasn't enough, he hit her. As in, slapped her. She had to pretty much drag me outside after that before I murdered him.

"Uri, it's fine."

"No it's not. That bastard hit you!"

"Believe me, his bark is worse than his bite." The red mark on her cheek says different, but I roll my eyes. I've calmed down a little. Just not much.

"Like you?"

She smacks my chest, hard. "Ass." She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear, and I smile down at her. I kiss her and trap her against me. She's the first one to pull away from the kiss, but keeps her face close to mine.

"You go inside. I'll be in in a few minutes."

"Okay." I grin. She kisses me softly, letting her lips linger on mine.

"Now go." She smiles and pushes me backwards a little, shooing me away.

"I love you Marlene." I tell her while walking in. I look back over my shoulder at her when I say it.

"I love you too, Uriah."

With every step I take away from her, a strange, sick feeling in my stomach grows and spreads. I try to shake it off, but it doesn't go away. I roll my eyes at myself and go inside. Marlene will be inside in a few minutes. I'm just overreacting.