Tobias

A/N: In case you haven't noticed yet, it's very rare for the chapter titles to make any sense and fit what happens in the chapter.

Original chapter title: Don't Make Me Kill You

I have no idea how long I've stood outside, waiting for nothing. I do know that the dance is over, since people are leaving. That's a no-fucking-duh.

Marlene and Uriah walk out holding hands, and then come Will and Christina, also holding hands. Shauna and Zeke go barreling down the wheelchair ramp- they're lucky that there isn't anyone down there, or there would be people going to the hospital tonight- and poor Caleb is surrounded by Lauren, Lynn, and Cara. He doesn't seem to realize that one of them is only acting like she's interested to prevent herself from being bullied for her sexual orientation.

Tris and Al walk out arm in arm, and I look away, clenching my hands into tight fists. She laughs at something he says, and then notices me. I watch out of the corner of my eye as she walks over and leans against the stone barrier-wall-thing next to me.

"Where were you?" she asks. "I looked everywhere for you, but I couldn't find you."

I shrug, playing it off as nothing. "I needed some fresh air."

"For two hours? What do you take me for, an idiot?"

"No, but you do need to learn how to take a hint." I snap and walk away. It's started snowing, the large white flakes making the school look like something off of a postcard. Or some delinquent school's website.

"What the hell does that mean?" She calls after me. I stop, not turning around. I hear her walk a few feet towards me and then her footsteps stop. Then she walks around in front of me and faces me, crossing her arms over her chest. She glares at me stubbornly. "Well?"

"You should get a coat on. Don't want get a cold, do you?" I'm sure Al wouldn't mind lending you his, I think bitterly.

"Don't change the subject." she snaps. "Answer me."

"It's nothing, Tris." I start to walk past her, and she lets me.

"Nothing always means something." She mumbles. I feel a little bad for being so rude, but I let it go.

"You shouldn't have flipped on Tris just because you're jealous."

I raise my eyebrows at Christina. "I'm not jealous."

"Yeah, you are. We all know it, even if you don't want to admit it." She walks off to the car that she came in with Tris and Lynn. I roll my eyes and drop into the front seat of Uriah's car, pissed and emabarrased and- okay, fine- a little jealous.