Christina

Disclaimer: Unless they don't make an appearance in Divergent, all characters and settings belong to Veronica Roth. However, if they don't make an appearance, they're mine. So don't steal 'em, 'kay?

Added August 5, 2013: Just so you know, these chapters are extremely short and this story is kinda rushed (especially towards the end). I'm sorry for this, but this was prewritten and I had no idea how short the chapters really were until I posted them on here.

Added January 12, 2014: TO ANYONE READING THIS! Just so you know, you'll know who the narrator is based on the chapter name! You need to read it so you're not confused! I cannot be held accountable for any confusion because I've had to tell at least ten people about this and frankly, it's getting old very quickly. So for god's sake, read the chapter title!

Original chapter title: My Kind of Crazy

I walk towards my usual lunch table where my small group of friends sit, all of them acting like the should-be mental hospital patients that they are. Will and Cara, who are brother and sister, bicker about something stupid like math or science or God-knows-what-else. Lynn slaps Uriah's arm with her lunch box-hard- and he plays five-year-old and whines about it. Four rolls his eyes and Marlene kicks him under the table, and they do their usual death glare contest.

"What's up?" I ask, trying not to laugh at everyone as I take a seat.

"Did you hear? There's a newbie. Two, actually." Lauren says, popping an M&M into her mouth, smirking when Cara finally notices that she stole it. Lauren is the food thief and the only one that keeps up with current high school gossip.

"No. Who is it?"

"We don't know. They start tomorrow. I think they're siblings. A guy and a girl, from what I hear." Marlene informs me, chucking some popcorn at Uriah, who catches it in his mouth. He grins triumphantly, and Marlene moans before smacking him as hard as she can. I nudge Will in the ribs and flick my eyes over to Marlene and Uriah.

"Fine, I'll give you the money tomorrow." He groans. Everyone else is obviously confused, but I grin and shrug as if to say No, Will and I did not make a bet on the probability of Marlene and Uriah dating.

A new kid. And not even just one, but two. How exciting. 

I just hope that they know what they're in for, because around here, you're not going to find anyone that hasn't lost their mind.