Tris

A/N: We were doing similes & stuff for poetry in English class when I came up with this incredibly weird title.

Original chapter title: Life is LIke a Bottle of Poison

On Monday at school I completely ignore Four. It's not like the silent treatment.  I do glare at him.

God, I was such an idiot. Mostly for thinking that maybe- just maybe- he thought something of me. Of course not. He'd been really sweet and sort of shy and nervous at the dance, right before Al came over. But still, he didn't have to be a pompous ass afterwards. Christina claimed that he was jealous of Al.

Yeah right.

You see, guys like Four don't just get jealous. God. This is why I don't even try when it comes to relationships. Or people. Because it really just fucks you up in the head and you never end up happy.

At lunch I refuse to sit near Four. Everyone knows why, but no one talks about it. He tries to talk to me before English. I ignore him. Even when the teacher pairs us together to do some project, I do the work and go back to ignoring him. The. End. He'll get the hint sooner or later.

"Don't be so harsh." Marlene said. Yeah, well, I've dealt with people like Four. And cutting them some slack won't do you any good. You've got to fight fire with fire because if you don't, you're sure to get burned.