Tris

Original chapter title: Who's Laughin' Now? Not Me.

I don't get why I'm at this stupid dance. I hate it. All of it. And worst of all, Four's here.

Okay, so I'm actually only pretending to hate him. But still.

Am I angry?

No.

Do I hate him?

God, no.

He's just...frustrating. And confusing. And complicated. And annoying. And so fucking difficult.

Seriously, I dance one time with Al and then he disappears for two hours, and then when we actually find him he's a fucking asshole. Who does that?

"It's a little cold out for you not to have a coat on."

I jump. "Damn you, Four. You nearly gave me a heart attack." I glare at him. He's right, of course. It is really cold out, but that doesn't mean that I have to admit it. And that doesn't mean I'm going to drop my pissed off at you act. I mean, he did kind of, you know, piss me off.

"C'mon Tris, are you really going to keep playing this game?" I look up from his shoulder- which I'm level with- to his eyes. They're a deep, thoughtful blue, with a lighter patch in a corner of one iris. Even his eyes are prettier than mine. Shouldn't mine be prettier? I'm the girl here.

"What do you want?" I ignore his question, leaning against the stone barricade-like thing.

"I wanted to know if you can forgive me for being an ass."

"Already did. What do you really want?"

He looks surprised for a moment, but then he smiles in a way that makes his eyes gleam. "I was wondering if you wanted to dance with me?"

I crack a smile, dropping my I-really-hate-you act. "Was this what you were going to ask last time?" He nods, and I crack a smile, dropping my I really fucking hate you act. "You should have waited."

He takes my hand and leads me inside the school. "I know, I know. I was just...you know what? Forget it."

We have to wait a few minutes before a slow song starts to play. Four faces me and slides his arms around my waist, and I clasp my hands together behind his neck. He's incredibly handsome in the dim lighting, not nearly as intimidating as he usually is.

"Four?" 

"Don't call me that." He says, catching me off guard.

"Then what should I call you?" I ask, completely baffled.

"Nothing, yet."

Well, okay then, Nothing.

We fall into a comfortable silent. I end up pressed against him, my ear resting against his chest, right over his heart. His chin rests on the top of my head, and my hands are on his upper arms. I smile a little.  It's odd, how natural this feels.

The song ends, and we pull away. I can feel people watching us, but I'm only really paying attention to him. It's probably Molly, Peter, and Drew. Can't they just fuck off?

"We should do that again sometime." I tell him.

"Soon, I hope." He agrees. He presses his lips to my forehead and walks away. The butterflies that were in my stomach disappear, and my heart rate goes back to normal. Damn it. How does he do this to me?