Tobias

Original chapter title: You Look Good, Tris

I smile down at Tris, who looks surprised to see me. Lauren and Lynn give me a thumbs up, grinning, but I ignore them. There is nothing going on. I barely even know Tris.

Tris is wearing a dark blue skirt with white flowers on it, a pink tank top, a blue cardigan and a pair of shoes that are the same color as her skirt. Her dark blonde hair is let loose, and it reaches somewhere around her shoulder blades. She looks pretty, and more...girly, I guess.

I reach up and scratch the back of my neck, anxiety deciding to take over. "So, I was wondering-"

"Tris!" Al calls, appearing next to us. A slow song starts to play. "Do you wanna dance with me?" he asks, not noticing me.

"Um, sure." Tris smiles at him, and I feel my heart sink. Of course she likes Al. Al, unlike me, is not a fuck up with an even more fucked up family. "Talk to you later, okay?" She gives me a sweet smile, and I nod. She walks off with Al, and I turn on my heel and storm out of the gym. I don't know why I'm suddenly so pissed. I barely even know her! I just got my hopes up about something stupid. At least I hid it well. I think.

I can't believe I was so stupid. She smiles at him all of the time, I was just too blind to notice. It takes all of my self control not to punch a locker in frustration. Shit like this happens all of the time. Why does it bug me now?

The cool night air hits my face, calming me down a little. "I only came here to get away from Dad." I mutter. But did I really? Who knows? "Dammit, I shouldn't have fallen for it." Or, well. Fallen for her.