Tobias

Original chapter title: Ride From Hell

I grip the seat handles tightly. Tris sits next to me, looking excited. I swear she'd be bouncing up and down in her seat if she had any sugar. I have no idea how she's so excited. We've only just sat down and I already want to puke all over the guy in front of me. I briefly consider apologizing in advance, but then I realize how stupid and weird that is.

The ride goes through the whole Twilight Zone story, and each time we go up I swear I almost puke. The second time we go up, Tris places her hand on top of mine. "Are you okay?" she asks, obviously concerned.

"Are you human?" I shoot back, my fear making me irritable. I force myself to calm down a little- enought to keep my attitude in check, anyway. "Knowing how high up we are... it doesn't scare you?" Not to mention the fact that we're crammed into this damn 'elevator'.

"I love it. The height doesn't bother me." She smiles and gently pries my fingers off of the handle, sliding her fingers through mine. She leans back against her seat just as the damn thing drops.

Okay, let me say that I had been through every swear word that I know several times before we got off that damn ride. The fucking thing literally dropped us ten times. I'm not exaggerating. I counted.

"Look, my hands are shaking." Tris laughs, holding up her hand. It really is shaking, and she holds my hand to steady herself. "I didn't know you were afraid of heights."

I shrug. "You'll learn that there are a lot of things I keep secret."

She squeezes my hand and kisses me. "Well, at least you weren't screaming like Christina." We both laugh.

"Hey guys! Why don't we head over to the Great Movie Ride?" Shauna suggests.

Marlene pales a little, but Lynn and Lauren look at each other, grinning. "ALIEN!!!!!" They shout at the same time and race off in the general direction of the ride. Tris keeps a tight hold on my hand the entire time, even when she's talking to someone else. We laugh when Zeke spins Shauna's wheelchair in a circle, singing some weird song and earning dirty looks from every adult near us.

"I think we're crazy." Tris laughs.

"I think I can agree with that." I nod in agreement, smiling over at her.