C.14

||Kayla Phillips||

"Mrs. Alsina, you are exactly six months pregnant, and it looks like you're having a girl, you're due on the 7th day of April." The doctor told me.

"That's my birthday!" I cheered. "Okay, thank you so much doc, it is just one, right!?" I asked him.

"An, when she has tha' baybeh.. Does she needa back hea' or what?" August asked the doctor.

"Well at the hospital, of course, and yes Mrs. Alsina just one. I'm certain this time." He chuckled. I felt relieved.

"I mean, she's going to be out of town for the next few months and should she be back here in Atlanta?"

"Oh, no! No! She doesn't have to be. I've been dealing with Ms. Kayla since she was a teenager when she was pregnant with her first child, and she didn't have him here in Atlanta."

August nodded. "Where are you going if you don't mind me asking?"

"Honestly, I don't mind you asking but I don't want to let anyone know where I'm going right now."

The doctor nodded. "Fair enough."

Me and August left the doctors office and headed back to the house.

||August Alsina||

"Anthony, Antonio, Ayla, Antoine, and Kin'Ni! Come down hea' an help ya mama." I yelled to them. They all came running down the stairs. "Daddy!!!" Ayla came to me crying.

"What baybeh girl?" I picked her up.

"I don't want to leave you!!" She cried into my shoulder. I shook my head and walked around with her and talked to her for a little bit.

"Don't you let no boys, or men touch you. If they do you hit them as hard as you can, run and tell mama, then call me." I told her

"Why would they touch me?" She sniffled 

"Because boys are nasty, and mean and want to take advantage of you girls, and use y'all for what y'all have, and take what they can get. Don't let them talk you into to anything, ignore them. Focus on your family and school." I told her.

"What?" She held up her hands. "I don't understand." She started crying again. "I want you to come to protect, daddy!" She whined

"Ayla, look. Ima come and check on y'all. Maybe when you get a little older you'll understand. Until then just make sure you stay close to your mother and listen to anything she tells you." I told her. In the midst of me telling her I realized I kind of described myself.

"Come on Ayla.. Go back upstairs and pick you some toys to take with us." Kayla came into the back yard, by the pool, where we were.

I put Ayla down and she ran inside, still crying. Kayla turned to walk back inside before I pulled her to me by her waist. "Kayla. Can you talk to me?" I asked. She just looked at the ground, still not saying anything.

"Baybeh.. You haven't talked to me since yesterday, and you're about to leave. Don't leave me like this." I begged.

She still just stood there, silent. "Kayylllaaaa." I kissed her neck and stuck my hand in the front of her pants. She still stood there motionless. She just looked at the ground. She didn't make a noise, facial expression or anything. She wouldn't even look at me. She looked like a sad shutdown robot or some shit.

"Mama! Dad!" Antoine ran outside. I quickly removed my hands from her pants. "What?" I asked

"Can we go see Nana, and Aunt Cha nem' before we leave?" He asked.

"I mean y-"

"No.. We have to catch our plane." She grabbed his hand and they walked off together.

"Kayla... Na' I kno' you not tryna keep my kids away from my mama." I grabbed her arm. She yanked away from me and continued to walk.

She turned around, smiled and held up one finger indicating me to wait. She pulled out her phone and began to type. When she finished, she looked up and my phone dinged

I opened up the message from Kayla that said:

Your mom can get in her car, drive to Houston, the store, to see and pick up Chandra's kids, to pick up Jamal. But she can't make time or find a way to come see my kids. Must I do everything? I'm sure she don't miss them that damn much. She hasn't called to check up on them or anything, so ima leave it alone and fall back. She wants to be all hugged up on your other son and his mother right now. Danielle thinks she's doing something but your mom ain't going to do shit but get tired of her ass and treat her and that child just like shit, unless she likes that type of bitch, n shit. Warning from me.. If you dare fuck that bitch while I ain't here, and when and if I get back with you, you give me something that's your fucking life and that's on me and my kids.

When I looked up she wasn't there. I walked outside to see her backing up.

"Kayla!!!" I ran after her. She didn't stop. She just kept driving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comment.

Vote and Share.

*One more chapter*