C.6 (part two)

||August Alsina||

The kids were crying and wondering what's going on with their mother. I tried to keep them calm, but they wouldn't stay. I marched my way upstairs and grabbed her. "Look. Kayla. You gonna have ta fuckin' chill real talk. You hea' with yo family na'...  You been in rehab fa' months. You tellin' me that shit ain' help yo ass?" I said to her

She mugged me. "Get off me."

"Hell nah. Na' tell me. What tha fuck them people did when you was at that fuckin rehab place. Did they do they job, and help you or not?"

"I don't need help. Now let. Me.Go." She tried to push me. I chuckled.

"Still that same ole' stubborn Kayla I remember."

"Okay?"

"Quit all'lat attitude. Go downstairs an chill with tha kids. You got'em scared as hell down thea."

"I don't want to see them right now." She sat on the bed and faced the wall.

"Why Kayla?! You been out they life for three fucking years. They've only seen you once and that's when I came and got you from tha rehab place an you was sleep. Na' take ya ass downstairs right na'." She smirked at me and got up. Walking over to me. "You ain't putting me in check." She bit her lip.

I don't know why but I can't even look at her like that anymore. I don't know why. I don't know if it's bad or what. I just can't. Thinking about how she looked when I saw her again for the first time, and now that I know all them niggas fucked her, somebody got her pregnant and she was on all types of drugs.

"August." She stood in front of me.

"Hmm?" I snapped out of my thoughts

"What's wrong?" She pouted looked all sad and innocent

"Nothing." I walked past her and out of the room. I went downstairs and I got down there and my momma was in the living room with the kids.

"Mama.... What are you doing?"
I asked

"I wanted to come over and see all of y'al."

"Alright. I unda'stand that. But can you come back an do that anotha time... Kayla JUDT got home an she not all tha way hea'."

"Hm." She gave me a stank look and then walked out of my house. Black people always doing that... Coming before you can get settled in YOUR OWN HOUSE good.

"Dad... I want mo' food." Ayla smiled up at me with her plate held up.

"Aight luh mama." I picked her up and carried her into the kitchen. "I want ta see mama... I haven't seen ha in so.. So, oh so long." She said in her little voice "Why she hiding from us?"

"You want me ta take you upstairs ta see ya mama?" I asked her. She nodded. "Alright. Come on na'. Hea's yo plate. Let me fix ha' one." I said fixing it. We made our way upstairs to see Kayla sitting by the window.

Ayla held onto my leg tight.
"Go ova thea'." I whispered. She shook her head. "Come with me daddy."

"A-" The doorbell rang, and she dropped her plate and ran down the steps. Kayla jumped turining around quickly with dried up tears marks down her face. "U-uhh... Uh, hea's you a plate... I'll be back... Ina second to pick that up." I said shaking my head going down to see who was at the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey loves! I've missed yal and this book ! I'm about to get it back up and popping. That's only if y'all still fw it. Since nobody commenting on the a/n... It's shygang n ima call y'all thugga's !

Comment.

Vote and Share.