Promise Me

Promises should never be broken. Never.

There she stood in the broken landscape, the battle was fought and almost everyone had left. Smoke rose from the torn ground as she fell to her knees. Laying there in front of her was her true love. His breathing was unsteady and his face was pale.

"Garroth...."

She whispered.

A thousand moments replayed through her grieving mind. One memory stuck out like a sore thumb.

The two had been through a long day. But Phoenix Drop was safe. The head guard sat leaning against a tree looking out onto the waters. His helmet sat by his side and his blond hair danced with the wind.

A certain black haired female walked up the hill with a huge grin on her face. She sat beside her head guard and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Garroth" she sighed, "its been a long day hasn't it?"

"Yeah it has" he chuckled. He put an arm around her waist and kissed her temple. "But any day with you makes me happy"

The girl blushed and moved her head to look into his eyes.

"I love you, Garroth" she whispered.

"I love you too, Aphmau" he said in an equally hushed tone. He leaned down and placed his lips over hers. She kissed back and savored the sweet taste of his lips. They pulled apart filled with love and happiness.

"Promise me you won't leave me" she demanded.

"I promise..." He answered.

Aphmau was brought back to reality. Dust flew by in the smoggy air. The smell of gun smoke was evident.

"Aphmau..." His voice scratched as he spoke. The light in his eyes was a small glimmer.

"Garroth you promised not to leave me!!!" She yelled as tears freely fell down her dusty cheeks. Garroth weekly lifted his hand and wiped away her stray tears with his thumb.

"I love you Aphmau"

"NO I CAN SAVE YOU" Aphmau placed her hands on his wounds and closed her eyes "WHY ISNT THIS WORKING" She had used all her magic energy in her fight. She layed down beside Garroth and sobbed while holding onto him.

"You can't break a promise!" She repeated.

His cold hand held into her face with every last bit of life he had in him, he pushed his lips against hers. The kiss was short. Garroth pulled away and smiled a broken smile.

"I love you..." The words fell out of his mouth as he collapsed to the ground. Healers came running in. They tried their hardest and as quickly as they came, they carried him away.

Aphmau paced outside of the farmhouse. She waited for an answer but nobody came out except Zoey, and she only left to get more herbs.

"He's going to be ok, he's too stubborn to die" a familiar voice said behind her. She turned and saw Laurence. He smiled a brave smile but Aphmau could see tear stains down his cheeks. Heaving a sigh, Aphmau sat on the barrel outside of the farmhouse. She was so worried. She saw two figures walking towards her and turned to see her sons.

They comforted her as she nervously played with her engagement ring.

"AHHHH YES!!!!!" She yelled while hugging Garroth. The two fell over laughing. Garroth slipped the engagement ring on her left ring finger.

"I love you, you crazy woman"

"I love you too"

Their lips met in sweet harmony and moved in sync.

"And I promise to never leave you" Garroth said once their lips separated. Aphmau grinned at her fiancée.

"Good!"

Aphmau sat at his bedside. Garroth layed limp, his chest rose in a steady pattern as air filled his lungs. Aphmau scanned his body and saw countless wounds that were in a terrible state.

She let out a small sigh as she pulled her knees to her chest. She buried her head in her arms and held herself as the room seemed to be cold.

Wind blew through her hair as her and her new husband sailed on their cruise. They held hands and were happy. That night Aphmau had a nightmare. She dreamt of everyone she loved leaving her. She woke up in tears and Garroth woke up too, after she told him her dream he hugged her and showered her with hugs and kisses.

"I'll never leave you, I promise"

And that promise lulled her to sleep.

Garroth had woken up, but wasn't doing the greatest. It had been two weeks since the attack, and he was still in bad condition. She was so close to losing him, the thought haunted her and broke her heart. That night as she sat in the uncomfortable chair she sobbed silently as her weak husband slept. Garroth heard the small sobs and woke up.

"Aphmau...?" She peeked and saw Garroth was awake. He patted his bedside gesturing for her to lay with him. "What's wrong my love?" He asked while wrapping his sore arms around her waist.

"I-I'm scared to lose you" she admitted. Garroth kissed her temple and chuckled.

"You aren't going to lose me" he said in a tone just above a whisper.

"That I promise"

A/N THIS ONE TOOK FOREVER!!!! And I haven't posted a one shot in awhile! So here you go!!!! I hope you enjoy it, I love you all devils byeeeee✌❤❤❤❤