Chapter 15: Reunited with a Family Member

Lavander’s heart bumped out of her chest rapidly as the army of Santhrose came in like a swarm of locust. Their battle cries pierced through the night frightening the civilians down at the basement. Swords, axes, guns and even chainsaws were only a few weapons Lavander could name, all looked mean and scary and the troop they had looked gorgeous and unprepared.

Lavander didn’t give a battle cry signal, the bullet proof doors flew open with her psychic punch turning at least ten Santhrose into dust. Nobody stopped attacking nor took in what happened, a ton of men made it inside the hospital and a lot of Charleston took a lot of initial hit, dissolving them into thin air.

The Charlestons kept on appearing as one disappeared but Lavander knew Charleston can only create so much duplicate of himself before maximizing his ability and eventually paralyzing his abilities or worse, kill him with too much over usage.

Belle’s samurai skills improved from before, nobody even had the chance to come near her within two feet without turning into dust. The gun on her back wasn’t even used and yet about eight Santhrose were already slain within just a matter of minutes.

Lavander wasn’t about to let them steal the thunder, even thought she felt a little wobbly from the huge dome she had created, her regenerating ability had cancelled out her fatigue but her energy was slowly running out. Lavander believed that it would be enough to make it for the night.

A concrete table became Lavander’s choice of weapon flipping it and smacking people in the head of everyone she had encountered. The dust on the air was thin and yet it scattered all around the floor making it slippery and hard to move with. The Charlestons were resourceful and used the weapons of the fallen against them, soon there were gunshots and ripping of chainsaws around the hospital.

Devin was missing in action, a while ago, she was beside Lavander but then the attack came and it’s hard to tell who was from whom with the thin veil of dust covering the air.

A small tiny metal canister caught Lavander’s attention as it was thrown on her direction and rolled, slightly bumping into her foot as one Santhrose failed to slice her with a machete. The small canister blinked with a red light slowly then very rapidly with beeping sounds.

“Incoming!” Lavander screamed on top of her lungs and tried to barricade herself with a small force field with the few remaining time she had. The explosion was intense that the thin layered barricade she had created exploded in her face, bruising her face and temporarily blinding her. The regenerating process went slowly as a few more explosions came in with huge intensity.

Lavander finally had her senses running but broken bones hadn’t mend yet, which made it hard for her to move. A whole troop of Charleston was missing and only a few duplicates came in to replace them, most of the duplicates came in from the upper floors which they were guarding. It was a bad thing as Lavander thought, there were more Santhrose coming their way as the pawns were sacrificed for a diversion.

Devin finally appeared from the rubbles of the explosion, he seemed to be unhurt but a little shaken from the experience. The gray cement dust covered his whole face like a clown’s make up and down to his clothes which were charred and tattered.

Belle was unhurt as the explosion only passed through her body-the ability she was gifted with-but a little shaken just like Devin, with her knees shaking and her eyes constantly squinting. Another army came in, this time marching in unison in a very slow pace as they held machine’s guns ready on aim.

“Duck!” Lavander grabbed Belle in one of the rooms as Devin followed them. The storm of bullets cascade their way into the wall and furniture of the hospital wrecking every last piece. The bullets hadn’t made its way yet into their room but the sound and the vibration caused them to almost pee themselves.