40. Falling into Place

*Harper's POV*

"I don't know why I've been feeling like this. I guess it's the way my life has gone. Maybe it's the fact that I celebrated my child's birthday without my child in my arms. I don't know, but I know that I've not been completely happy with the way my life has been going."

"Harper, in proud of you. For the progress you have made over the last year and a half. Now, before I see you again in two weeks I want you to do one thing. Start a journal. Every week I'd like you one good thing, one bad thing, and one hope for the next week. It doesn't have to be long. Bullet points is fine, I just want you to look back and see the good in your life.

"Thanks Dr. Emerson. I'll see you in two weeks."

I walk out of my therapists office, I started going every other week to help me cope, plus Jason recommended it because he saw one when his wife died and it helped him cope immensely.

I call Chris to tell him I'm on my way to pick up the children, since I get to spend this weekend with them.

"Hey, it's me. Harper."

"Oh, hey. Ummm, about you spending this weekend with the kids. You can't, we're not in town right now."

"What do you mean? You said I could."

"And I've taken that back. I do have full custody after all. You are lucky I even let you see the kids."

"You bought full custody. You didn't earn it, you paid for it like you pay for everything else. This weekend is extremely important to me."

"Whatever." He says and the line goes dead. That jerk, he just took away my only time to see our kids. I drive home and collapse on my couch in a ball crying. I hear a knock at the door.

"Just a minute" I shout, I get off the couch and walk to the door. Pausing by the mirror I have on the wall to try to make myself look presentable. I open the door and see Jason standing there holding gifts.

"What, what are you doing here?"

"Remember. We talked about me meeting the kids. Since we became official 6 months ago, but we've practically been dating since that day in the coffee shop."

"Oh. Yeah. Sorry. I thought I texted you."

"Texted me what?"

"Chris won't let me have the kids this weekend."

"I'm sorry." He walks in and puts the gifts on the counter than walks over to me and hugs me. "I guess it's just us this weekend."

"What about your kids?"

"My parents have them this weekend"

"Okay, now that you meeting my kids is put off for awhile longer I'd like you to bring them to meet my kids when I introduce them to you."

"They'd like that."

I glance at the clock. It reads 5:32.

"It's about dinner time, want to order a pizza and watch a movie?"

"I'm down for that."

"Okay."

We order a pizza and settle onto the couch debating which movie to watch. He wants an action or sci-fi and I want a romcom. The pizza arrives and we are still no closer to deciding what movie to watch, I glance over at him and he's smiling at me.

"What"

"Your a dork."

"Thanks" I giggle "What exactly makes me a dork?"

"Just the way you are."

"Is that a bad thing?" I pause, slightly worried about his response.

"No, because your my dork and I love you."

I freeze, he said I love you. He loves me, I haven't heard those words since Chris. I sit there in awe of the words he just said. He must notice my reaction

"I'm sorry, sorry I didn't mean to say that. I can tell you are slightly freaked out. I don't regret saying it and don't worry, I don't expect you to say it back."

"I....I......Jason...." I stutter, unable to form coherent sentences "I love you to, and I mean it."

His face lights up and he leans in for a kiss, his had lands on my back and slowly works its way down and I feel his hand slide down the back of my jeans. I pull away from him.

"I have a better idea than a movie." I say

"And what would that be?"

"Let's move to the bedroom."

"Harper, I don't want to rush things with you. We don't have to if your not ready."

"I'm ready,"

He stands up and scoops me up, carrying my to my bedroom. What happens after that, well I'll leave that to the imagination.

-- A/N --

I'm so sorry about the slow updates! This is a shorter/filler chapter. I've started college and I'm moving so I have to pack everything and it's been super crazy! I hope that everyone had a great holiday and hopefully everyone has an amazing new year!