15 - A New Beginning

So, I started writing this chapter on June 26th 2015 and I wanted to say how happy I am that the USA finally legalized gay marriage. LOVE IS LOVE and now everyone can get married in whatever state the live in to whoever they want!!! And it's published like 6 months later......

CHRIS POV

"So, is this room okay?" I ask as I watch her mouth drop open

"Chris, I picked all of these things out when we go engaged. You wouldn't let me furnish the house because you said they didn't uphold the professional look you needed!"

"Yeah, well I kinda had a mega renovation over the past 4 days. The crew I hired came in and turned 2 spare bedrooms into a mini-apartment. I didn't know how to furnish it so I began searching online and I came across that one website, whatever it was called and it had your login Info preprogrammed so I went on and found all of this."

"No, no, no no no no no!!" She says frantically

"What's wrong?"

"The box! In my apartment?? Is it okay!!! I need it, it had everything in it."

"What do you mean everything??"

"Birth certificates for both my children, our wedding invite, a ticket stub from our first date, divorce papers, all sorts of things." She says pacing frantically

"Yes, I actually picked it up after you were rushed to the hospital. It was locked so I couldn't open it."

"I have the key." She reaches for a charm bracelet around her wrist

"I'll go get the box." I walk out of the room. A smile stretches across my face that she still has the ticket stub from our very first date, especially since I still have mine. I walk into my bedroom and grab the little box and head back to her "apartment"

"I got the box."

"Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! I don't know what I would have done if I had lost these things."

"It's not a big deal, the box was found and had your name engraved. So I got it and brought it with me to make sure you got it."

"Chris, you are the best." She hugs me "I miss you, I won't lie."

"I've missed you so much to." Wrapping my arms around her

"Do you think, never mind it's silly." She leans her head on my chest, gosh I've missed her being with me

"What? I highly doubt it's silly."

"Can we maybe try to be us again?"

"You and me." I pause, wow. She actually wants to be with me "I think I would like that a lot."

She pulls out of the hug and smiles

"Chris, I can't believe that I'm going to do this. I mean I've had a hard time with the relationships I've been in. But, I know your a good man most of the time."

"Harper, listen to me. If you give me a second chance I swear that I will never screw up again. EVER! As long as I'm living I will be decided to you and won't ever ever cheat again."

"That sounds like a marriage proposal." She giggles

"Well, maybe someday it will be. To you, and we can pick up where we left off."

"That actually sounds really nice."

"Well, we have to have a first date. I'll pick you up at 5:00 tonight."

"You know where I live. Now, remember I have this stupid leg brace."

"It wasn't bugging you earlier, when you were pacing back and forth."

"Shut UP!!"

"See you at five" I say walking out of the room "Oh, and check the closet." I shout hoping she likes the selection of clothing I had purchased for her since her apartment burnt down

As soon as I'm locked in my office I call my headquarters

"Hey, it's Chris. Cancel everything I have for the next month. I don't care what it is, I have something important to do. Oh, and how's that case with Jacob Hayes going? I want every bad thing plucked from any possibly source to get him locked up, he abused someone dear to me and almost killed her."

HARPERS POV

Chris leaves my room and I hear him shout from the hallway to check my closet.

I walk over to the doors which I assume leads to my closet and I open it up to find all of the clothing Chris had bought for me when we were dating and married. I'm shocked, he kept all of it. I walk over and find the one item I missed the most. His sweatshirt, I pull it over my head and it swallows me whole. Even if I went up two sizes over my pregnancies I still fit my favorite article of clothing.

"Ms Lanning." Someone calls from my room "Chris has sent a message for you."

I emerge from the closet to find a note sitting on the dining table. I open it

Harps,
For tonight's attire please wear your most comfortable pajamas and please no makeup. I will see you soon.

Hmm, pajamas. I wonder. Whatever, I walk to my bathroom to shower and get sorta ready, since he said no makeup.

5PM

I hear a knock at my door

"Come on in." I shout

Chris walks in wearing old flannel pjs and at shirt I gave him.

"Ready?"

"Sure," I say

He escorts me to the living. Room where on the coffee table is a pizza and Finding Nemo on the TV screen.

"Our first date?"

"Yeah, the first date we ever went on. I took you out for pizza and then we went and saw Finding Nemo."

"You remembered?"

"Yeah, I did. I even have my ticket stub."

"You do not," I say smiling

"Yep!" He says popping the p "after all these years I still have it. I kept it in my wallet with the ultrasound picture you gave me."

I smile, we walk over to the couch, eat pizza, watch the movie, and eventually I fall asleep u leaning into him thinking about how right it feels to be back with him.

A/N

He recreated the first date they ever went on for the second first date!! I hope you guys are enjoying this book so far, I am having a blast writing it!!