19 - Past < Present < Engagement

HARPERS POV

Guess what? I'm pregnant with a little baby girl, I'm about 22 weeks, 5 1/2 months, along and Chris hasn't said a much of word to me since the funeral.

I got my leg brace off about 2 weeks ago, which is beyond amazing. I have full freedom again and another one of my books has gotten a movie deal!!! This time the premiere is just a few days before my due date, my public relations manager wanted to change it but I said it was fine. My phone buzzes and I see a text from Chris.

- Hey. busy tomorrow?

-I don't think so, why? What's tomorrow?

-Valentines day. I want to take you out

-Are you sure? We haven't been on the best of terms.

-Yes, I want to take you out.

-Chris. Let's not go there right now

-Please? Your carrying my baby and we need to discuss some things

-Are you sure?

-You were always stubborn.....

-Fine. Time?

-7 work? I'll pick you up

-Sure.

-Okay, I'll see you tomorrow.

-Okay.

I head to my closet and discover I have no decent maternity dresses for a date. Shopping spree!! I cringe at the thought of it, Abby and I always did it together.

-- FLASHBACK --

September 20th, 7 days since her death. 7 days since Tyler was born. 7 days since my world changed forever.

I stare out the window as she scenery passes. Emma looks at me and whispers "Auntie H, why did mummy have to take a long trip and leave us?"

I feel a tear pass down my cheek, she doesn't truly get the meaning of death yet since she has never experienced it first hand.

"Don't cry, it's okay." She says sliding over to me "She's in a place with rainbows and puppy dogs."

"Yes. She is, and she is very happy with Francesca and her parents."

She smiles "Daddy has been very upset," she says looking towards her dad who is stone cold staring out the window, tuning out the entire world. "He's been really sad since mum left."

"Give him some time, he'll warm back up."

"You don't understand Auntie. This is the second mummy he's lost. My mom died of cancer back when I was 3 and now mum has died."

"I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry."

The car pulls into the cemetery Abby will be buried in. It's the same one as Kimmy.

"Mark, we are here" I say bringing him back to reality

"I didn't realize how mad I could be at the sun for shining and the birds for chirping. Today is sad, why must all the happy things happen?"

I give a weak smile and place a hand on my queasy stomach, I've felt nausea the past week and all I can think of is the pregnancy test. I really should get in contact with a doctor.

The burial goes smoothly and afterwards people keep coming up and giving condolences and food that would last us 2 weeks to finish.

Abby's gone, Kimmy is gone, My parents are gone, and Chris is gone.