16 - The First Month

Shoutout to Vangile25 for sending me an awesome and sweet message!! So, since I was so happy to read her message here is an extra chapter!!

** THIS CHAPTER DOES CONTAIN SOME SLIGHTLY MATURE CONTENT IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE READING IT I HAVE MARKED WHEN IT BEHINS! **

HARPERS POV

1/6 of the time I have to spend here is almost over. There are only 3 days left in this first month, and to be honest I love staying here. It reminds me so much of the time we were husband and wife. I'll wake up in the morning and make myself pancakes in my apartment. I'll get ready and go down to the private gym he has for physical therapy. After that the two of us will relax and do something fun on the days he doesn't go into work.

"Hey, babe." Chris says walking into my room where I am working on typing up another book.

"Hey, what's up?" I say smiling and patting the empty space on my bed. He walks over and nervously sits down "Chris, what's up?" I set my laptop on my nightstand and turn to face him

"Please, please don't be mad at me."

"Did you cheat again?? If you do so help me I will cut off your manhood....." He stops me mid-sentence

"No, don't worry. I haven't cheated nor will I ever. You gave me a second chance and I will not screw this up."

"Well, what is it then. You seem to be really nervous about it."

"Okay," he lets out a long breath "We have to go to court. I know you didn't want me to spill the beans about Jacob, I did. Now there's a trial to see what happens whether it's jail time or a fine."

"Chris, how could you do this??? You know I didn't want anything to happen with him."

"Harper. You didn't hear?"

"Hear what?? What's going on, what don't I know?"

"As he left your place he was apparently very drunk and hit a car. He killed a mother and daughter as they were going slower because the daughter was learning to drive. He's being charged for vehicular manslaughter as well as DUI charges. Also, his abuse history wasn't just you, he apparently did the same thing to 2 women before you. Abusing them, Proposing Marriage and finding a reason to call it off."

"How? How could I have let it slide? I mean, I knew he had a past history but I didn't think it was that bad." I feel tears welling up in my eyes "I can only imagine how terrible this could have been if I had actually married him."

Chris reaches over and holds me tight.

"It's okay, hopefully he will be locked away for many many many years. Plus, I will go to the ends of the earth to protect you."

"Really? What if I hate your guts?"

"No matter what, you are my main priority. Even if you hate me I will still make sure you are okay even if I'm not."

"Chris, I love you so much." I say leaning in for a kiss. He pulls me in tighter and kisses my passionately

"I've missed those words so much. I love you more than anything in this world." He whispers.

"More than your prize Lamborghini?" I say

"I would sell that car in a heartbeat if it meant I got to stay with you."  He says, I'm not sure if he's serous or joking so I decide to mess with him a little.

"I think you should sell it." I say jokingly as I watch the color drain from his face "I'm kidding. I love that car, do they come in turquoise?"

"Not funny!!" He says backing away from me "and yes if you really want a turquoise Lamborghini I can make some calls."