11 - A court battle won??

September 1st

CHRIS POV

Today's the day I'm going to win my daughter back. I was generous enough to let Harper get through therapy and get the cast off so that way she could be fully able.

"Tessa, I'm about to leave. Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"Yeah," she yells from our bedroom "I want to finish packing before I leave for France tomorrow for the modeling shoot and interview about our wedding"

"I still don't see why I can't come."

"Because, I would spend all of my time with you and little you." She walks out of the room wearing only her bathrobe. "Are you sure you have to leave so soon?" She seductively says leaving into a kiss

"Yes, I want MY daughter."

"You suck. I mean why would you even want the little brat!"

"She is part of me! 1/2 her genetics is me!!!!! I missed 2 1/2 years of her life and I don't want to miss a single minute more." I say turning and walking down the hallway

"I never want children and I can't have children." Tessa says coldly

I freeze where I am.

"What do you mean can't?"

"I had the procedure process thing done."

"What the fuk?? I though we don't discussed it."

"Yeah, we did. But it is my body and I made the decision I didn't want children."

"Tessa, why? You know I want kids so bad. I never had siblings so I want children. As in multiple."

"You know what Chris. I'm done with you, our wedding is off. In fact I didn't actually have a trip to Paris I was going to go 3 floors down at your company and sleep with your assistant."

"My assistant is a girl."

"Yes, and I'm a lesbian."

"Why were you going to marry me??"

"The money, so that way I could get enough for Lana and I to run off to Ireland together."

"Get out! Now!!!" I yell at her "Oh, and tell Lana she is fired."

"Fine by me." She says walking past me

I'll deal with her later right now I'm running late to go win my daughter back.

HARPERS POV

"Jacob, why is this even happening?? I mean their isn't a daughter to fight custody for."

"Yeah, I know. But, if he wants a battle a battle he will get."

"Yeah, but can we leave early to stop by her grave."

"Absolutely my darling. In fact let's leave now to make sure we have plenty of time."

"Okay."

AT THE GRAVE
Jacob and I pull into the cemetery she is buried in.

"Want to come?"

"Nah, I'll let you have some mother-daughter bonding"

I get out of the car and walk to her gravestone.

Kimberly Rose Lanning-Goldman
Born December 25th 2019
Died December 25th 2019
Parents: Harper Lanning & Chris GOLDMAN
"Lives forever as an angel in my heart, I'll love her till the last day I live. Even then, I'll love her through eternity, ~H.L.

"Hello sweet pea. I've missed you so much. If you were here today you would get to meet daddy, well you may someday. It's almost your birthday. It's September, so there is only 2 more months until it's your birth month. Christmas will be sad again, you would have been turning 3. Daddy wants to take me to court over custody for you, he doesn't know that you were stillborn. I wish more than anything that I could have held you in my arms longer. So, you'll be getting another daddy. Remember Jacob? He was the one with me when you were born, we got engaged a few months ago. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you sooner but I tried to see you sooner in person. Well, I have to get going. I'm meeting Chris at the courthouse in 20 minutes. I love you, forever and always." I kiss my hand and pat the gravestone before walking back to the car: where I proceed to burst into tears.