13 - Wedding Planning?

So, thanks for reading this book this far. I am shocked at how many people are reading it!! Well, don't let me keep you anymore here's the next chapter!!!!!! Enjoy!! :)

"Babe. I'm going to go dress shopping today. With Abby, Nina, and Baylee. Oh, does your mom want to come?"

"Sure, I let you know. Go have fun, me and the guys are going to chill around here and talk about manly things?"

"You mean drink beer, talk about sex, and watch porn?"

"Yeah. Those things might occur."

"Well, I'll be back before supper? What do you want tonight anyways? Oh, and the landlord called the house that we both loved is being put on the market!!"

"Okay. See you around 6."

I walk out of the apartment and head to the bridal shop.

I drive in silence, no radio playing, to the dress shop. I let my mind slip to Chris the other day at the courthouse, the feelings we had for each other, and the feelings that still exist. I guess to be honest I do still have feelings for Chris, but I have to hide them. Jacob and I are in love and that's that.

Suddenly my phone rings

"Hello?"

"Harper? Is this your number?"

"Who is this?"

"Chris, I was wondering if you were busy today."
,
"Yeah, I'm kinda going to try on wedding dresses."

"Oh, okay. You know I still have yours right?"

"I thought you would have burned it or given it away by now."

"No, I kept it."

"Oh, cool. I guess you can get rid of it now. I don't need it."

"Yeah. I guess so."

"Hey, I'm at the dress shop and gotta go."

"Okay, call me about coffee sometime."

"K. Bye!" I say hanging up

I get out of the car and 3 of my bridesmaids greet me. Baylee, Nina, and my dear sister Abby.

"Hey girl!! I'm ready to try on these dresses!" Baylee says

We enter the store and try on hundreds of dresses until I final pick one. It's absolutely stunning. It is strapless with a bejeweled top and a plain skirt, a lot more simple than what I got married to Chris in. I pay for my dress and leave it for alterations. Then we start looking at bridesmaid dresses. I find 4 styles I like in the theme color. So, I decide to let each bridesmaid pick the dress they want. (Picture on previous chapter)

They each select the style they want and I text the other bridesmaids photos.

They each pay for the dress and leave them for alterations.

I head home to the apartment and find Jacob waiting with a romantic candle light dinner

"Awe!! Babe, you did this for me?"

"Yeah, but I need to have a serious chat."

"Okay," I say sitting down to the table "What is it?"

"I can't marry you."

"What??? Why??"

"I know you still have feelings for Chris and I don't want to interrupt you guys."

"No, no. Chris and I are over. I LOVE YOU!" I shout tears streaming down my face.

"And I love you. But, I don't want to be the reason you can't be with Chris. I saw the kiss."

"What kiss?"

"At the courthouse. You and him after that chat you had. I saw the way his eyes looked at you, like when you have a precious gemstone and you can't keep your eyes off of it."

"Jacob, please. Don't do this."

"I have my bags packed I will be out of your hair in the next hour"

"Don't..........Don't.......... Don't leave me"

"It's not just because of you."

"What? I though it was Chris."

"Yeah, that and I've been having an affair."

"Who? I want to know who?"

"Her name is Tessa. She never gave me a last name she's smoking hot."

"I can't believe you. I mean after everything i had some for you."

***MATURE CONTENT - Abuse

He stands up from the table, reaches across and smacks me. Knocking me to the floor

"Jacob!!! Stop!!!" He keeps going at it. Punching and kicking me. I feel my side start to become bruised.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!! IF YOU AND THAT BASTARD HAD NEVER KISSED MAYBE WE COULD STILL BE TOGETHER!!! YOU DO NOT EVEN DESERVE TO LIVE IF YOU CANT BE ALIVE WITH ME!!!" He gives me one kick in the eye before turning and storming out but not before knocking one of the lit candles to the ground causing the kitchen to go up in flames.

My entire side throbs with pain, my eye swells shut, and the heat becomes unbearable. I can't move though. I hear sirens in the distance but I pass out before anything or anyone can help me. I say a quick prayer in my head and slowly I fall unconscious.

CLIFFHANGER!!! Yeah, this chapter sucks. I know.