7 - You really worried me and still do

JACOBS POV (I know I've never written this one, let me know if you like it or not)

It's now 9:30. We left the event at 6:30, all she was going to do was get new flowers for Kimberly's grave. I call her cell, no answer. I try again a couple more times. No answer. Suddenly my phone rings.

"Harper?? Is that you?? I'm worried sick!! Why haven't you answered my calls???" I frantically scream into the phone

"Sir, this isn't Harper. I'm calling on her behalf though. Is this Jacob Hayes?"

"Yeah, yes. I'm Jacob. Who is this?"

"I am Bonnie Vasquez, from South California Hospital. Mrs. Lanning is currently in care by us. If you would like please come down to retrieve more information."

I quickly grab my keys and sprint down to the car. On the way I frantically try to get information about what happened.

"What happened?? Please, tell me."

"I'm sorry sir, I'm not allowed to discuss that over the phone."

With that Bonnie hangs up.

AT THE HOSPITAL

"Where is she???!!??!?! Where's my fiancée??" I beg the front desk

"Sir, calm down. I need the name of the patient and your relationship."

"Harper Lanning, I'm her fiancé."

"Okay, sir. Room 307, take the elevator up to floor 3 and go to room 7 on the left."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." I yell as I rush to the stupidly and insanely slow elevator

I get on the elevator, push the button, get off at the floor, and rush to her room. I walk into the room to see her right leg in a full cast, burns on her face and neck, and her wearing a neck brace. A doctor is standing over her bed putting in a 3rd IV.

"Excuse me, sir. What happened?"

"Who might you be?"

"Her fiancé, Jacob Hayes."

"Alright, I was informed you were coming. Please have a seat and I will explain." I take a seat in the chair and he pulls over a rolling stool "Mrs Lanning was in a car wreck. Her vehicle was found on the side of the road with slight flames occurring. It has yet to be know what happened to cause the wreck" he says

"Okay, but what about her? What's wrong with her?"

"She was on the lucky side, even if it may not look like it. She has a fracture in her ankle and a crushed thigh. A cast for many weeks, which has yet to be determined it could be anywhere from 12-18 it's based on how well her body heals itself and heals with the physical therapy. Her neck took quite the hit with the air bag so the brace is a precautionary measure. As you can tell by her face she suffered mild burns from the later reaction of the gas tank explosion, she got luck that the airbag protected her some as well as the windshield. In all she is one of the lucky ones, just we do have to run some more tests that must be signed off on by her parents or guardians. Oh, wait you can sign to as you are listed as the main contact person."

"What, what tests does she need?"

"hCG, which is routine for all women to make sure they aren't pregnant. Since some drugs used are not good for the health of the fetus. And this appears to  be the only test that requires signing for. Please sign on these lines stating that she can have blood drawn, extra IV's put in (if needed), medicines added or decreased at doctors orders. And the final thing to discuss is payment. The total cost of the 4 days she must stay here is $10,704, the hCG test is $500, the physical therapy $2,520 for 7 days a week for 12 weeks, medicines work out to be about $763, blood work is another $3,900, the fees are $2,457.63, and the the ambulance is $200 dollars a mile and she was transported 17 miles so $3,400. Oh, and for you the phone call was $3.70, your boarding since a cot it being requested for 4 nights is $125, and we will add meals In for $36. Oh, and for the burns you need to purchase a special cream of $353 a bottle and she will need at least 1 bottle a week for 6 weeks. So that total is $2,118. That brings your grant total to $26,527.33. And this doesn't include the possible cost of her being placed on suicide watch. I'll be back with payment options later. If you need anything just request Doctor Harley."

I stare at the list he just gave me. $26,526.33 for the 4 days she's here, plus therapy and some lotion? It's ridiculous! I grab the stool the doctor was sitting on and move it closer to the bed. I grab her hand that's resting by her side.

"Hey Harp. I don't know if you hear me or not. I meant your just knocked out from the painkillers they gave you. I love you more than anything, and I hope you know that. Some days I feel like I don't say it enough even if I tell you every single time I talk to you. I don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to you" I feel my eyes welling up with tears "Oh, look. Your making a grown man cry. Please, honey. I need to know what happened, so when you wake up tell me. I mean I think I know a pretty good lawyer that just happens to be your fiancé."

I kiss her hand and continue holding it, I fall asleep that night holding her hand. Unsure of what even happened but yet somehow I have a feeling this can be traced back to Chris, and he will pay for what he did to my beautiful and amazing Harper.