Part 3- 2 Years Later

** 1 Year Later
**Mackenzie & Harper are the same person. Since Mackenzie is Harpers middle name.

**Harper Mackenzie's POV**

"ABBY! Hurry up, the meeting is in 25 minutes!" I yell

"Geez, Kenzie. Take a chill pill, life could be more crazy. I mean honestly you'll be fine. I mean I never thought you would be publishing novels, after getting a Criminology PHD or whatever but hey I guess life plans don't always work out."

"First, Don't call me Mackenzie. Second, life got hectic just about two years ago. Third, I wanted a change and I have always excelled at writing."

"Okay." Abby says and we head out the door.

So, let me back up and explain who Abby is. Basically, after I left Southern California I moved back to my home town. Which didn't last long because I could not stay away from California. So we both moved to about 1 1/2 away from where I used to live with Chris. (Abby, formally known as Abigail, is my sister.) So I moved in with her, as she had just finished college and had little income. I didn't want to get some job that would cause stress on my pregnancy so I decided to write novels. I have self published 2 before a publisher picked them up and from there I have published 3, since it's only been a year. Which is a surprising amount of books that I have written. Granted, I was writing in college. But today, I have a meeting with a movie company about turning one of the books into a movie.

** After The Meeting **

"Cheer up! I mean obviously they are just another snobby company who just wants money." Abby says

" Actually, I think I might do it. It would be great even if profit is split 40/60. 60% of my first movie is REALLY great. Plus, I can almost see the premier."

"Smokin' momma in the house!!!" Abby screeches. A sad look washes over my face. She must have noticed "Oh, yeah sorry Kenz I forgot."

"It's no big deal. I mean it has been a year and a half."

"Mackenzie, it's a big deal over what you went through. I mean Kimberly Rose is your angel, and nothing will change that. Even if she were here."

"Abby, please just stop. I don't like talking about it. Plus, you just ruined my mood."

"Sorry."

We drive home in silence. I call the producers and tell them that I'm on board for the movie. Luckily, my contract states that I get to be co-producer, help write the script, and cast people. So it's a huge deal. I spend all afternoon on the phone until it's late evening. I wander out onto the tiny balcony of my bedroom. I see stars, in the outskirts of Boston it's rare to see them.

"I hope your proud of mommy. I love you Kimmy." I say looking towards the stars. I reach to the locket around my neck. Engraved in it is:

Kimberly Rose Lanning-Goldman born on December 25th 2019.

Inside the locket is a picture of me holding her. It's rather off but it's the only thing I have.

My daughter will never breath, never walk, never talk, never go to school. All of the things she could have done but won't because of the stress caused my the divorce and working out who gets what. I don't take a single thing from him, I face I moved in with Abby and one night we had a bonfire of everything he ever bought me. Now. I would never admit this but I have a fireproof box in the back of my closet with some little trinkets from our relationship.

- A movie ticket stub from our 1st date
- My engagement ring (yes, I tried to give it back. But he insisted I keep it)
- A copy of the ultrasound saying "Mommy has a late anniversary present for you"
- Kimberly's Birth certificate
- Charlie's Birth certificate
-A wedding program
- A wedding invitation that has our names and wedding date (November 27th 2014)
- My "Bride-To-Be" sash from my bachelorette party
- The glass I drank out of at the wedding that says "Mrs. Harper Mackenzie Goldman"
The last thing in the box is
- The divorce papers signed on June 13th 2019

Kimmy, mommy may not see you for a long long time. Or maybe I will see you soon. Please, watch over Grammy and Paps up their with you as well as Auntie Abby down here even if she is the biggest pain alive.

A/N

A birth certificate for a person named Charlie?? Who could it be?? She currently has no children! You will find out later