18 - Life as it is

The first published chapter of 2016!! Wow, I can't believe it's already 2016. Anyways, enjoy!!

HARPERS POV
-

Chris walks into the hospital and I burst into tears. He embraces me in a hug and says words I wasn't expecting to hear

"It's okay, I'll be here for you and the baby."

I pull away and must look really confused

"What baby?"

"The positive pregnancy test on the floor if your room."

"It was negative."

"Did you let it sit for the 3 1/2 minutes?"

"No. Only 1 1/2. Wait, I'm pregnant with your baby?"

"Yes" he says smiling

"I can't deal with this right now. I have to go find Mark."

"Why Mark? Don't you want to go with me and discuss us. I even planned a weekend trip to my lake house, I mean I took off work early today."

"Because I'm sorry that his wife just died due to complications and I want to be with him since his wife is my SISTER!" I scream and walk down the hallway to the room where Mark is with little Tyler James.

"Hey, how is he?" I say

"Well, better than he was. Did Chris show up?"

"Yeah. He kinda made it about him though so I left him in the waiting room and I came back here."

"Oh, that bites. So, what about the move in?"

"You know what, forget about moving in with us. I still have a ton of money from the trial last month with Jacob so I'll buy you guys a house."

"I can't accept that."

"Fine, I kinda bought a penthouse apartment that I'm going to move in after I'm done with this forced living with Chris. You guys can move in there and then I'll be there as soon as I get the paper work finished."

"Paperwork?"

"Yes, as long as another able-bodied adult living in the same residence of me I can live there"

"Wait, what does that mean."

"Basically you just have to sign your name on a paper saying that you are able to do normal day to day activities."

"Easy enough. I can do that and when can we begin move in?"

"Any day you want, the papers were finalized this past Thursday."

"You are the best!! I'm so glad Abby has a sister like you, I know she's smiling down upon you."

"So, I hate to damper this but have you thought of funeral arrangements?"

"Not yet, that seems so real."

"I know, it's really hard. I had to do it for both my parents."

"Will you please help? I really need a lot of help durning this time"

"I'll be here until you no longer need me."

"Thank you! Thank you so much. Wait, your parents died?"

"Yeah, when I was in my final year of college. I don't talk about it much and Abby was the only family I had left."

"I'm sorry Harper. I didn't realize that..."

"It's fine," I say bitterly "I'd rather not talk about it."

He sets Tyler in a bassinet and embraces me in a hug. 

CHRIS POV

Harper just walked away after telling me the terrible news. I feel absolutely crushed, her parents died when she was in college and Abby was the only biological family left that she knew of. I know I screwed up big time on this and I have to make it right, I'm not exactly sure how but I will.

----
Okay. I've been getting some hate recently and I'd like to address it, if you have been supportive of me this doesn't apply to you.
If you have an issue with my book and the plot I've created please don't message me or leave rude comments. I appreciate criticism when it is needed but complaining about the money the characters have is uncalled for (in my opinion). This is a work of fiction meaning it is FAKE, henceforth they can do these things because I've determined in my mind that they can afford it. Some of the traveling and expenses they do are things I myself would like to do, but I can't afford trips like they can. So, I make them go on elaborate trips or blow money on random things. Please, don't comment about the things they spend money on I know it's not realistic and I'm not planning on changing that. Anyways, I'm sorry for those of you who read that who support my book and leave stellar comments. I appreciate you and your support so so so very much!!! Since I've given this rant I'll post this chapter and the next chapter! :) Enjoy.
-K