26 - Baby^2

*Harper's POV*

I walk out of the O.R. and tell the parents the good news. Their child will be just fine and now you can hardly tell the burn from a camping trip with his uncle. I return to my office and change into clean scrubs and go to the cafeteria.

"He honey," Chris greets me as I sit down with my tray "So, adoption? How'd this come into mind?"

"Oh, the thought just crossed my mind."

"I thought about it on the way here, and I realized that we should adopt a child. I don't want Sylvianna growing up alone I know how that can be and I know my mom wants more grandchildren."

"Two."

"What do you mean two? Two adopted  children?"

I nod, "Yes, and I actually have a pair in mind."

"What do you mean? This is for the future right? Harper, what do you mean."

"Okay, I have twin patients Abernathy Leigh and Lisbeth Elaine. They are a few months old, and need a family. They are beautiful and when I held Lisbeth earlier she smiled and made a little coo noise. I fell in love."

"But, I mean. Twins? We can't handle that? Can we? We just lost Emmadette, do you really want to do this?"

"Yes. I understand though if you don't."

"Can I see them?"

"Yeah, let's go to my office and I will talk to Isabel."

We walk to my office and then I go to the twins room and ask Isabel to come to my office.

"What's wrong with them? You wouldn't bring me here unless something is wrong, just spill it."

"Isabel. The twins will be just fine once we get their new hearts, but I wanted to ask you something. My husband and I would like to look into adopting Lisbeth and Abernathy."

She looks at me shocked,

"Are you seriously  considering this?"

"Yes, we are. I'm Chris by the way"

"I'll contact the office, there is this long checklist that we have to complete but it should not take to terrible long."

"Okay, well Baby A has her heart here I just got the page. So, I hate to end this but why don't you contact the office, Chris hangs out with Lisbeth, and I will take Miss Abernathy down for her new heart."

We all exit the office and I prepare for surgery. Which, went smooth sailing. Before we leave that day we receive all needed paperwork and begin to start the process of adopting our new Angels.

---
March 17th

2 months. 2 months since we started this process, the babies both have had their transplants and are doing fantastic! Chris and I decided to redo the nursery in a fairyland design so lots of greens, blues, pinks, and purples. Sylvianna couldn't be more excited to have new siblings, she even told the daycare teacher that her new siblings were going to be here show-and-tell presentation once they got to come home.

I hear a knock at my door, Isabel walks in

"Dr. Goldman, I have good news, the courts reviewed your files and decided to grant you and Chris custody of the twins. You can take them home as soon as we get another doctor to clear them."

A smile spreads across my face, Lisbeth and Abernathy are my children.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." I leap up from my desk chair and embrace her in a tight hug. "You can come visit anytime, you'll be the cool aunt Izzy who lets them have ice cream for breakfast and dinner when they visit."

"I'll take you up on that offer, I would love to stay and chat but duty calls and I have a court custody case in 1/2 an hour. So, congrats on the new additions, call me if you need anything."

She walks out and I call Chris. I can tell he is ecstatic to have two new princesses join our life. He decides to head over and spend the rest of the day with them, which I love. After our call I call Jackie (Chris' Mom) and tell her to prepare Sylvi for her new siblings to come home, and lastly I call basically everyone I know who was worried about me to tell them that my life is fine and couldn't be better.

---
March 19th

• WELCOME HOME SISSYS • reads a banner that Sylvianna made.

"Oh, my gosh. My new grand babies are perfect! They are so precious. I'm your grandma J, yes I am, yes I am." Jackie picks up Abernathy and cuddles her

"This is home." I say wrapping my arms around Chris's neck and pulling him in for a kiss. Honesty, my life is complete I have 3 beautiful girls, a loving husband, and 3 angels looking over me. What more could I ever ask for?

----
So, I wrote a sad chapter and now a happy chapter

Welcome
Abernathy Leigh Goldman
Born: June 21st
Adopted Officially: March 17th
Brought Home: March 19th
Lisbeth Elaine Goldman
Born: June 21st
Adopted Officially: March 17th
Brought Home: March 19th