30 - Happy Birthday to you!

A/N: THIS IS A SUPER SUPER SUPER SHORT CHAPTER BECAUSE IT WILL BE REFERENCED IN A LATER CHAPTER!

CHRIS POV

"Come on girls. Shhhh though, it's a surprise party for grandy." Haper ushers the kids - while balancing Owen on her hip - into the country club room reserved for this occasions

That's what the kids have dubbed my dad. My mom is Nana and my dad is Grandy. My mom is standing with my Arizona, Rachel's husband, and Arizona's current boyfriend - Tye. I walk over to them once Harper is situated with the girls. Rachel's the one I charge of getting him here and not revealing it by telling him were planning the twins birthday in two months and we have to reserve the room early.

"Hey guys." I say. Leaning in to hug my mom.

"Aw. Sweetie! I'm fantastic!" How's your girls doing? And baby Owen?"

"Everyone's doing really well. Sylvi, Abernathy, and Lisbeth say that nana needs to come visit and take them out for a girly girly girls day because Harps busy with Owen all the time."

"Well, their favorite Nana is always up for some spoiling. Your father should be here any moment so go back with your family we'll chat more later. Tell the girls to play quiet mouse and yell as as possible when they see Grandy to  surprise him."

My dad aka Grandy walks in 5 minutes later with Rachel.

"SURPRISE!"
"GRANDY PARTY!!"
"Surprise!"
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
"HAPPY HAPPY!!"
"Surprise!"
"Surprise!"
"Happy birthday honey!!"

Surprises and happy birthday wishes are erupted from all over the room. He's shocked.

We talk
We eat
He opens gifts
He and my mom cut the cake with a "70" plastered on it in gold
We talk some more
Owen starts to cry so Harper takes him out
The girls play with some other children
My dad laughs at jokes told by old colleagues
We celebrate
We party
Then it's over and everyone's leaving, we pack up his gifts. I hug him and wish him a happy birthday and kiss my mom on the cheek telling her to make sure he behaves. They drive off and I pack my family into our car.

Today was a good day. It was, it truly was. Moments like this is what I'll remember the joy in life not the bitter moments well maybe those but I know I'll remember the girls having fun and my dad laughing, I hope it stays like this forever. I look at my watch and realize that it's 9:30, I call my mom to watch the kids and I grab the suitcases I packed for the surprise for Harper, ever since the night she worried about me cheating again I've been planning this, and I hope she'll love it.