"It's not a date though." I call out and he just laughs and shakes his head

"Bye Harper."

"Bye Jason."

** CHRIS POV **

I pick up the kids and we head to my place, on the way my phone buzzes. It's Kirsten.

"I told you, I am done." I snap

"Well, you can't be completely done with me."

"What do you mean, you and I aren't doing anything anymore. I've lost my everything, my rock, my one, my person thanks to you."

"Last time I checked it took two to you know. By the way, I'm pregnant with your baby."

"There's no way in this world you are pregnant."

"6 weeks today. So yes, yes I am."

"I want a paternity test done."

"Fine, Tuesday morning, 9:45 at Dr. Jenni Drew's office on North Elm. You know the one next to the coffee shop."

"Fine. I'll be there." I snap the phone down and flare at the road before a voice interrupts my empty thoughts

"Daddy, when are we going to see mommy? I made her something."

"I'm sorry baby, we won't be seeing mommy for a while. She's....." I pause, how do I tell my kids this "She's on a trip, and won't be back for a while."

"Why didn't she take us? Does she hate me?"
"I wanna go!!!"
"Mommy left us, I sorry, I should have ate my veggies more."
"If she comes back I promise to keep my room clean."

The kids all start talking at once, I guess my lie was horrible because they all think Harper hates them, but the one they should hate is me.

I'm the reason they won't see their mom.

They can't see her because of me.

I'm the problem here, I'm a selfish person who only thought of himself.

This wasn't the way I wanted my kids to grow up.

"Kids, daddy's going to call and see when we can see mommy, so please be quiet."

I dial my lawyers number, when the phone is picked up I start my little rant

"I messed up today, I don't want sole custody. I want my kids to have both parents. I need an agreement worked out and sent over to Harpers lawyer by the end of the day."

We chat some more about it, and I smile. I'm hoping I can get back on a decent track and be a good father for my kids.

I know I'm never going to end up with Harper again, I've screwed up to many times. But, I need to make amends so we don't hate each other's guts entirely for the rest of forever. Even if we do I don't want the kids to grow up this way, I'm the jerk especially for hiding so much more from her than what she knows. We get to my place the kids running to play.

I pick up my phone dialing my moms number

"Hello?" She answers

"Mom. I messed up."

"Honey, I'm sorry. I know, Arizona called me. I am disappointed in you."

"Mom," I say bursting into tears "I can't do this, I can't be a single dad. I've messed up twice with Harper and o regret it, I want her back, but I know she'll never give me a 3rd chance."

"Christopher, this is on you. I can't help you, you are all grown up and I'm sorry I can't rescue you from your mistakes."

My voice turns to bitter hatred

"I don't need rescuing, I can handle my life on my own."

"Okay," she says hanging up on me

I look at the phone in my hand and I click on text messages. I begin reading all the messages to Harper; she was oblivious and cheerful. I smile, as a tear slips down my face. I had the girl, I lost the girl, I had the girl, I've now lost the girl, I had everything I wanted. The prefect wife and life and now I'm a wrecked puddle. I want to fix what she and I had, I don't want us to hate each other. But, the hard question is: How do I fix the mess I've made?