Chapter 14: Chaos at the Hospital

En başından başla

“Sure thing, you can count on me.” Her friend said and drove away leaving their tracks.

A group of Santhrose was just a few meters away and that’s when Belle and Trevor started to run. Trevor was sprinting even with the crutches on and Belle was helping him do it. The main entrance slid open and a mass of terrified patients and medical personnel gathered around and saw the terror.

“Move out, move out,” Belle shouted so that the civilians will back away from the doors and windows. The group of Santhrose started to run but one man was stunned, stopping him on his track. The whole group seemed to have stopped as an invisible force field surrounded the whole hospital.

“Everyone, move out now, into the basement.” A shout in unison of multiple Charleston rampaged inside the building. The nurses assisted all of the patients into one skinny hall where the stairs for the basement were located. Santhrose banged the invisible force field around the hospital and with every hit, it slowly dimmed.

“What’s happening?” Trevor asked to the nearest Charleston he found. He was directing people to the hallway and seemed to be very determined in doing it.

“Please sir, you need to go to the basement where it’s safe.” The Charleston said directing them.

Devin patted the Charleston’s back and let him go, “I’ll take it from here,” he said, “Trevor I need you somewhere.”

Trevor nodded and they cascade their way through the crowd of patients and medical practitioners alike. Belle stayed at the hospital ground floor to help out the other Charleston direct the people to safety.

The elevator ride to the third floor was smooth as people were going down instead of up. When the elevators stopped, a whole group of people started to enter that made it harder for them to make it out, but eventually they did.

The whole fifth floor was now deserted except for the few people who were still waiting for the elevator to open. “Where are we going? That barrier won’t last,” Trevor remarked.

Devin opened room 508 and ten Charlestons stood on guard with their guns on hand. Trevor was surprised to see the real Charleston lying on a bed with lots of machines connected to his body. The lights started to flicker as the rumbling grew louder outside.

“No offense, but your foot won’t be any help down there so I’ll put you on guarding duty. Do you understand?” Devin said with a calm and sturdy voice, “We can’t bring him downstairs, the machines hooked up to him are vital to his life.”

Trevor nodded and watched as the real Charleston breathed very slowly, maximizing his abilities to protect the hospital.

“Take this,” Devin had said as he took a gun from the back side of his pants. It was a loaded revolver favored by its owner, “take care of this, its Enzo’s,”

Trevor took the small black metal that was a revolver. It was cold to the touch and felt exceptionally heavy, “Where’s Enzo?”

Devin looked down for a moment and opened his mouth for a few seconds before he uttered a word. “He’s dead,” a change of emotion scattered all around the room as Trevor suddenly felt a chill down his spine. The gun hypothetically felt heavy on his hand as every second the silence passed.

“I need to go,” Devin said and closed the doors behind him.

Trevor momentarily placed the gun on a wooden table as he walked over to the door. The ten other Charlestons were at ease as Trevor locked the door and touched it with both hands getting a feel of it.

Trevor concentrated fully as he tried to pass some energy to the door, stunning everyone with fear to whomever touched it, it was a temporary and may only sting a few men protection but they needed everything they got.

A few minutes of concentration then Trevor backed away leaving the door as it was, the familiar sound of a heart monitor made the room feel quiet as the rampage outside only worsen. Trevor turned every light off in pursuit to decrease their chances on being found.

Devin ran to the ground floor using the stairs as the elevators were busy. The lobby seemed less on chaos as most of the civilians were already in the basement, guarded by tons of Charlestons. They were all petrified as the sound of rumbling echoed even throughout the thick walls of the basement.

Devin found Lavander on Enzo’s room where she was kneeling as if praying –or she probably was- concentrating on keeping the huge dome shield around the hospital. A few minutes worth of creating a barrier already had her shaking and panting as beads of sweats slid down her face and into the floor almost creating a small puddle.

“Lavander, I think everyone else is downstairs,” Devin said.

Lavander didn’t respond, she slowly rose up as her fingers still twitched and sweat still dripping down to her neck. Enzo lay peacefully on his bed that made Lavander take a second look, if he was alive, he’ll be the leader on this certain event, but he wasn’t and Lavander felt sad about that.

“The force field will break any second now, so be alert.” She said and led the way into the main entrance where the shield did evidently became weak, the group of Charleston were scattered all around the building but all they had were their knuckles and physical strength to bear off the army sent by the Kiara. If they were going to win the battle, they’ll need more than number, they’ll need strength to go with it.

Lavander noticed one of the civilians were arguing with one of the Charleston and even pointed a gun on his face.

“Hey, hey, what’s happening here?” Lavander break the argument that was going on, the Charleston’s face was impassive even in front of danger, just more evidence that they didn’t have the capacity to contain emotions.

“I can help,” a tall, long legged girl with dark red hair said. Lavander remembered her as the same girl who helped them when they attacked an army of Santhrose then left them right in the middle of a frog looking monster attack. 

“What’s your name,” Lavander asked.

“Belle,”

“Belle,” Lavander patted her shoulder, “show them no mercy,” she smiled at her which she gladly return, the sight of the guns in Belle’s hands made Lavander think that they had the chance of surviving the battle, even it was only little.

The crowd outside bumped heavily on the shield and after one last  strike, the front liners fell to the ground as the barrier finally shattered. A small moment of silence came in Lavander’s senses which she used to breathe steadily. She remembered Nancy, she remembered Bryce, and then she remembered Enzo. Everyone who stood victim to the Santhrose’s cruelty shall receive justice and revenge, for Lavander was determined to kill every single one of them even though it meant sacrificing her life.

Kiara appeared in front of the hospital just outside the main entrance door, looking as angry as ever. “My legion,” she said in a projected voice and the whole crowd fell silent. She looked over directly at Lavander and gave her a mean warning look.

With one phrase that came from Kiara’s mouth, the earth grumbled on their feet: “Show them no mercy!”