Chapter fourty eight: family reunion

Chapter forty eight: family reunion

Keith was running towards me protectively with his arms streched outwards. I bounded towards hi also nothing going through my mind except for how much I loved and missed him. It was too late when I knowticed Joseph behind him with a shining metal dagger, one that could kill an angel. Keith fell into my arms limply and weighted us both down to the floor.

" I love y-you" his whispered lastly before a bright light burst from his body leaving a pair of not angel wings tattooed to the floor but what more looked like bat wings. I jumped up quickly and started to strangle Joseph until his eyes stared to water. Then I was yanked away.

End of dream:

I tried to rub my eyes open but my hands failed me, I couldn't move them. I feverishly moved my wrists finding that they were bond and I wasn't paralyzed. I didn't understand I killed the Oni I watched it explode. I blinked a few times letting the environment come into view.

"your awake," I heard John say then the cocking of a gun. I was in some sort of basement, it was dirty and musty, and there was a staircase through the middle of the room.

"John, what's going on?" I asked groggily. I'd just woken up from that dream, was it a prediction of some sort it? i needed to get back to my time and warn Keith. it seemed like me and him were always running in circles trying to save each other when all we can do is die for each other.

John's face was stone , literately blank from all or any emotions.

"I think you know, Shaden, or is that even your name?"

"what are you talking about, I saved your life!"

"how exactly did you do that because I remember the damn thing exploding right in front of me, you didn't even have to touch it!"

"look, It's hard to explain." John moved from my left so that he was standing directly in front of me.

"what are you?" He said angrily. I tried to stop myself from getting upset, I mean he really didn't know about the key and he never will. It was my dad though my own father who was pointing a gun at my head.

"I'm human, you idiot!" My voice cracked. John believed me for a second but then continued to interrogate me

"so what then a ghost, shapeshifter, or maybe a demon?" He yelled. I grit my teeth in frustration and before I could answer another man came down stairs, Greg Williams. I couldn't stop the tears of happiness if I could have wished for anything it would be to see my parents again.

"dad," I choked. Greg looked at me and then at John very confused, John seemed the same.

"what in the name of The Lord are you doing down here John!" Greg yelled. John gave me a sympathetic look, like he knew this was wrong.

"Bobby will explain Greg, I'm busy."

"explain why you've been torchering a teenager in his basement!"

John now seemed a bit optamistic about this situation.

"Greg if you know what's good for you, you'll get out and ask Bobby."

Another man entered the room, he was gruff and had a nice white/ gray beard and a baseball cap. I presumed this to be Bobby.

"Greg come upstairs with me, I'll tell him the story," bobby said. I was then alone in the room again with John. He wiped a hand down his face in frustration and looked at me.

"please just tell me why your following me, how you knew about the journal, and why you had my gun in your pocket but it couldn't have been mine because I had mine in my own pocket!"