Chapter twenty nine: spy guy

chapter twenty nine: spy guy

Deans pov:

Shaden was asleep in the back of the impala, it was restless sleep but it was still sleep. Sam was staring out the window when his face was in a sudden surprise. 

"Dean look." 

"at what I'm driving?"

"the car behind us it's the same one!"

I looked in the rear view mirror, and sure enough there was the white ford explorer Sam saw before.

"look not saying your crazy or anything but theres got to be what, like a hundred of those out there right now, it's not like my unique baby I've got here," I patted the dashboard. 

"uh hu well try to lose it just in case."

I shrugged why not. I began to maneuver in between  the cars on the freeway. Sam watched the ford explorer intently.

"well?" I asked.

"nothing your right," Sam said disappointed.

"don't be sad Sammy I'm always right remember."

"hey Dean"

"yo"

"you and I both know she's keeping something from us, she always is."

"I still can't get over the witch thing, what do you think it is, I mean if there is something that she's hiding." She does seem a bit reserved, in fact I really didn't know much about her at all even if we'd been hunter for a whole year together. 

"her latest dream, she lost the key right? well maybe she dies in her dream on some sort of self righteous quest."

I thought about it, she didnt really seem like the sucidal type but I bet if it came down to it she would die for someone, she would die for me. 

"I don't know how to get anything out if her, you're the mushy one."

"oh thats right no chick flick moments," Sam huffed "alright I'll talk to her you two have been fighting alot lately anyhow."

"have not," I argued.

"have to Dean." 

I stayed silent for a bit watching the road, unfortunately Sam had to interrupt again "dean you really think Azazel's back, I mean we spent 23 years of our lives chasing him and now he's just back?"

"please tell me your not on a revenge trip again." 

"no, no way I'm done with that, but since his death we've been through alot, and I mean a lot of shit stuff that wouldn't compare, so my real question is with him back in our lives can we really take another blow?"

"I can take as many as it damn well takes," I snorted, why is Sam giving up so easily, I've gotten really close but never have.

"really after Bobby, mom, dad, Ellen and Jo plus all the other people we've lost, can there really be one more?"

"there isn't going to be."

"how can you be so sure Dean, what if it's you, what if it's me, what if-"

"because I just am," I interrupted.

"Dean look I really hope Azazel, yellow eyes isn't going to fuck with us but if he does I can't."

"can't what Sam? can't protect your sister, help your brother, honor your family?" 

"I can't ok I just cant, don't give me this bull shit Dean I've seen you break down and I know you wont be able to take it, how much longer can you hunt?"