Chapter twelve: memories

I woke to the sound of a beeping hospital machine. The bright light was clouding my vision and I could see my adopted mother hanging over me. I flung my arms around her and smelt her sweet perfume mixed with bitter sweat.

"your alive," I breathed into her warm shirt.

"I could say the same thing," she laughed half heartedly. The events of the night flooded into my head.

"where's Sam and Dean?"

"the killers I hope they won't hurt you anymore sweetie," she spoke calmingly.

"what are you talking about?" Surely my mother had to know of them, and how they were my brothers. Unless dad lied to her too.

"didn't they almost beat you to death? Keith saved you he brought you here."

"mom dad told me about what you guys do," I whispered trying to get her to understand.

"what, that I'm a Doctor?"

So my mom didnt know but it didn't make any sense. Dad told me him and mom were hunters. Plus where was she when I disappeared. I thought she was dead, the radio said she was missing as well.

"mom what happened to you?"

"well I went crazy looking for you after I came home to..." she looked away.

"where's Keith," I changed the course of conversation.

"right here," he said walking from outside my room.

"I'll leave you two alone," my mom left smiling at Keith on the way out. I waited for her to leave before I began to yell at Keith.

"what's going on?" I asked him.

"I took away any thoughts of being a hunter from your mom."

"uh why!"

"because I'm going to take away any memory of you too."

"what! why would you do that? Are you crazy, I just got here."

"because there's a price on your head and we're gonna leave," he ordered. Leave? Did he mean just me and him, together? My mom would be same from me and from the burden I carried. I had to let her go. Yet I still didn't want to. It was a sacrifice I was going to have to make. I'd already giving so much.

"okay, I'm fine with that but what about....."

"Sam and Dean," he asked. I nodded. He touched my shoulder and suddenly I felt my body on a couch a scratchy one at that.

"holy shit!" Dean yelled holding his chest. We were in yet another oddly familiar hotel room.

"you gave me a friggin heart attack," Dean continued to complain. I ran up and hugged him. He eventually hugged me back. Then I slapped his chest.

"don't ever scare me like that again, I thought you were going to die!"

"I don't intend on it, and I could say the same thing."

"Shaden is that you?" I heard Sams voice. I turned and hugged Sam and then repeated the chest slap.

"that goes for both of you."

"Shaden ready to go?" Keith asked me. I looked at him. He had a stern face, the one of an angel.

"yeah just one minute."

"Dean, Sam, I'm really going to miss you and I hope some way some how we can meet again, catch up some time." Dean and Sam both hugged me again. I all honesty I was suprised they were letting me stay with him at all. Maybe the whole giving up his freedom to save my life was of worthiness to them.

"now don't let those demon sons of bitches smoke twinkle toes here alright," Dean joked.

"goodbye lil sis," Sam said calmly though his soft eyes showed him tearing up. The room changed again to a large open front yard of a remote beautiful home in the country sun.

-----------4 months later-------------

I went to the kitchen and began to wash my hands to cook dinner. After the killing of Crowley I began to eat again and my powers were seamingly gone. Life was peaceful here in Oklahoma. It was very different than the city and suburbs. Every day was full of sun and warmth. Keith was well also, though he could only make it home so often because of his so called angel buisness. Every time Keith came home he would tell me how wonderful heaven was. Then other days he would complain at how much work he had.

The sweet smell of biscuits filled the room.

I pulled open the oven and began to stuff my face with the wonderful taste. That was until I was interupted by Keith appearing in the room. He was bloody and his clothes were torn to shreads.

"run," he said then disappeared.