chapter two: dreams come true

Chapter two: dreams come true

I woke up to the peeking sunlight flooding through my window. I turned to my side and felt the massive head ache flood into my brain. I slowly sat up while holding my skull. I felt the beanie fall off my head as I moved. Then I ran my fingers through my unfamiliar hair. The feeling of crushing sadness filled my heart. Setting a course for my bathroom that attached to my bedroom, I pulled my clothes off and locked the door. Then turning on my shower and waiting for the hot water to come through the pipes. The hot water cleared my head and flooded in the memories of yesterday. I struggled to remember much after I pushed Keith out of my truck and told him to fuck off. After my shower I dried my awful hair. I took out some siccors and began to layer and organize the mess.

After I achieved a pixie style hair cut, I went downstairs to meet with my parents. I felt my heart sink as I pulled a note off the fridge from my parents saying they would be back in a few hours. how typical of them. Their daughter comes home high and clearly depressed but instead they only leave a note.

Finishing the note I grabbing a granola bar I went back upstairs. The bedroom was different than I left it. The window was open. I let my towel down and quickly grabbed some clothes.

"uh," Keith said from behind me. I screamed and fell on the ground. I quickly pulled the clothes over my naked body. Just then the lights flickered and the TVs in the house turned on.

"what the fuck are you doing in my room what's going on with the power!" I yelled at him.

"sorry I was just, never mind put some clothes on I won't look," he said turning around. I slipped on the tank and pair of sweats over my matching silk bra and underpants.

"it's ok you can look now," I breathed.

"I just wanted to know if you were Ali- ok."

"alive? I'm not suicidal"

"really because you were chucking those drugs down like you didn't want to see the next day, not to mention what you were saying to me last night."
I went over to my bed and pulled on my hat.

"look Shaden, I care about you more than a friend."

"I don't need a brother."

"I didn't mean that either," he said quietly like he was unsure if he wanted me to hear it.

"what? Do you mean?"

"I like you like really like you."
I felt a pit in my stomach fill with realization. I liked him too he was there for me the whole time and yet he's the only person I didnt tell about the dream where he dies every night because I loved him. I couldn't hide it anymore though. I turned to him and put one hand gently on his cheek and kissed him. I felt his gentle lips on mine and everything else disappeared. The pain the worry and the greif turned to love. It seemed to last forever until I felt his hand trying to unclasp my bra. I pushed him back by instinict.

"I'm sorry I though I," he muttered. All the sudden if there wasn't enough chaos the door bell rang. I looked at him desperately, but after another furious knock I then went down stairs. On my way to the door I caught sight of the image on the tv. It was Sam and Dean Winchester the killers from two years ago. I froze at the door. The door bell rang again. I slowly crept up to the peep hole and stared inside.

There was the two men I feared for just over a year now the ones I can never escape from. I slowly backed away from the door and then took off running up the stairs but then I bumped into Keith. It was all too real now, I was in the moment I'd endured living in for a while.

"run Keith run now go out the back door please," I whispered.

"what's going on?" he asked.

"your in danger," I said. My heart pounded a million miles per second.