Chapter thirty one: headless

I woke up in the back of the impala sweaty and jittery from my dream.

"where are we?" It was in the early morning and all I could see for miles was fog and trees. 

"Oregon."

"what's in Oregon?"

"decapitations, a couple were out hiking near the river and went missing, they were found a day later except for their heads," Sam explained. On our way to the small town from the woods we crossed over a covered bridge. It was old, very old. The wood was worn so bad that it was practically just as strong as paper. 

"this sounds familiar," Sam said.

Dean smirked "Sam when your as nerdy as you everything looks familiar."

Sam rolled his eyes "I said sounds familiar Dean, the decapitations and this bridge, the woods I feel like I know it."

We checked in to a hotel called the Gilbert that probably never turned off their vacancy sign. the room looked like it was built in the 1800s, considering the walls and ceiling were coated in cobwebs. I feel like if I lift the bed covers up I'm going to find a spiders nest. 

"as much as I hate sleeping in your car it does seem a little inviting now."

"awh no big deal, a bit of bugs aren't going to eat you."

I took a very needed shower, I still had blood coated on my skin from that naga. It took a bit of scrubbing but after a while the stains faded. Fumbling through the little bit of clothes I had, I found something strange. It was a white rose that had the sharpest thorns I'd ever seen, it was a symbol. From who I didn't know but I did know what it ment. It ment that this was buisness and not comfort whoever gave this to me is giving me a warning. 

"did you put this in my bag?" I asked them. They looked at each other

"no why?" 

"no reason."

Dean like always was hungry so we went off to the only restraunt this place had. It was granny's old fashion pancake house with bar and grill. The name was quite the mouthful but either way this was the only source of information. Inside was quiet even though there were quite a few people here. We took a seat in the middle of the room and dean scanned the menu licking his lips. The waitress came by a minute or two later. She was in her late twenties and very pretty even for this shit town. 

"hello there my names Debbie I'll be serving you today."

"helllloooo Debbie," Dean said looking her up and down. I almost gagged he was hitting on a girl, I'd seen it before but now I was imagining them in the dirty old room with me in the bed next to them. 

"excuse me sir but I'd like to take your order." 

"oh sure, I'll have a bacon burger and a beer," She scribbled it on her note pad and looked at Sam.

"I'll get a ceasar salad and an omelet."

Now she was looking at me.

"water."

She raised an eyebrow then brushed it off and wrote it down. 

"I'll be back shortly with your food."

"I sure hope som" Dean smiled. She bashed her eyelashes and smiled back. I swore when she walked away she was swaying back and forth. 

"people get suspicious when you don't eat," Sam told me. 

"yeah well I dont want to eat, I can survive on coffee and water, even though I don't need that either."

"you get skinnier constantly eventually your going to be as transparent as a ghost," Sam warned.