Chapter eighteen: family

Deans pov:

I'd been yelling at cass all night or at least yelling for him to get here, but no I guess angel duty was way more important. I only saw one option now and that was of corse to call Sam. I'd rather not pull him back because deep inside behind all the anger and jealousy I was happy for him. This was our blood though and we had to protect it. I pulled the phone out and went to his contact. I had second thoughts and shut the phone off. This is when suddenly Cass decides to visit.

"Dean I'm sorry it's been hectic with only one loyal gaurdian up there."

"where have you been!" I yelled a little fustraited.

"I told you didn't I," he was confused.

"never mind I need your help."

"what is it," he asked tiredly.

"my sister is missing," I said pointing toward the bloody bed.

"oh well this is certainly very serious. but I can't help you."

"what! Can't you do some weird angel mojo and poof her here."

"no I can't because the key protects her from any view of angel or demon."

I watched Cass wave and blink away like usual. I flipped out my phone and called Sam without hesitation there has to be some way.

"Dean?" I heard his voice say, it wasn't tired considering it was 4 in the morning.

"I need your help Sam and I don't care if you hate my guts right now but I don't have anywhere else to go."

"I could use a little help too," he said hesitantly.

"what?"

"we just got attacked by a demon."

"demons are behind this?"

"behind what Dean?"

"Shadens gone and there is blood all over her bed."

"Dean, Shadens with me she's been here all day."

A feeling of relief fell over me but also a spark of madness "I've been going out of my mind crazy looking for her and she was with you the whole time."

"yeah she came here and saved us from one of her prediction dreams, where are you we need to meet."

"I'm in Ohio."

"alright that's only a three or four hour drive come to Gonvolt Michigan."

"see ya in a few," I hung up the conversation went surprisingly well. This didnt mean I wasn't still extremely pissed off with him but what else I'm I going to do I can't let him die.

Shadens pov:

I wasnt looking forward to Dean getting here. One because I was going to get the lecture of a lifetime and second because it wasn't going to go well with Sam either. The two are far beyond the regular emotional level brothers should be at. They are so close yet so far away, they don't realize that they don't share with each other and the only thing they actually can have in common is their experiences. Not to be a girl but if they only weren't so closed off then this would be only a moterately dysfunctional family instead of nuclear levels of crazy. Ever since I've been pushed into this life I've had a purpose to protect the innocent. It seems like my whole view has changed, a lawyer defending his cient could be a hungry vampire, or a doctor could be a vicous werewolf, or maybe your life long parents turn out to be hunters. So it's because of all this that my brothers and Keith have been emotional buffers that I rely on now, and though we are dysfunctional we are family.

"what ever Sam i just can't do this, you, my uncle, I mean it's not real it can't be," Jenna said walking out the house with a luggage bag.

"Jenna please I can't protect you now and if some one gets to you or some thing I can't help you so please stay," Sam said close to tears. I felt bad for him he was being so nice I would probably do the same thing though, if I was her.

"it's so funny Sam because I really did think you were a serial killer before when we met in that hotel but after I poured my heart out to you and you did the same I could see a really nice guy, but now I don't know what to think your like a stranger again," she slammed her car door and began to back up almost hitting Dean's speeding impala. She smashed the breaks just in time. Dean angrily stomped out of the car.

"you almost got a scratch on my new paint job!" he yelled. Sam almost laughed but instead turned into an eye roll.

"I'm here," Dean stated, as if it wasn't obvious. He gave me a mad glare and then turned it to Sam. Jenna stepped out of her car and suddenly slapped Dean's face. Dean held his face and yelled ouch.

"you must be Dean," she said holding out her hand.

"what was that for?"

"yelling at me for your mistake of speeding down a neighborhood street."

Sam was running his fingers through his hair in disbelief.

"this is Jenna and this is Dean," he introduced the the two. She stuck her nose out and walked into the house stepping over her dead uncle like it was a wet spot on the carpet.

"how exactly do you like her?" Dean asked.

"ha your not much better," Sam snorted.

"well Sam I didn't know we would start fighting this soon but I guess it has to be like this."

"I'm not fighting, you just decided to be an ass as usual instead of having a normal conversation like normal people."

"well hate to break it to you Sammy but were not normal and I don't see our conversations getting any normaler."

Jenna came back out with a kitchen knife and put it in the passenger seat "bye Sam hope to see you never."

"Jenna please-"

"look Sam I'm protected I've got a kitchen knife now please leave me alone I've got to tell my aunt that her husband fell into a random pile of acid and melted," She made an angry glare at me and I shrugged. Did she want to die what else was I suppose to do. She finally drove away leaving this mess of a family.

"really Sam what were you thinking."

Sam turned around and went into the house just bearly holding in the tears. I was left there staring at Dean.

"your really fucked up you know that," I told him.

"touché princess."

He was so immature and I'd had enough of this bull shit family fight.

"you and Sam going to kiss and make up," I asked.

"I don't know what I'm going to do."