Chapter thirty seven: a block on the road to normal

A year and a half later December 18th:

Shadens pov:

My alarm clock wouldn't shut up, aka Keith. I guess angels don't enjoy resting because Keith never does.

"I'll get up in a minute," I threw a pillow at his face.

"c'mon we're going to be late for Mr. Bartlins class, you know how mad he gets when someone's tardy," he complained. I hopped out of the top bunk of my bed and pulled on a hoodie and some skinny jeans.

"awwh I think it's so cute how the all mighty Keith could be afraid of silly human teacher Mr. Bartlin," I joked. He pulled me into a small kiss.

"let's go."

I was at a Boston medical university, living out my so called normal life. I figured since I'd gotten over the whole guts and blood stuff I might as well still help people. It was what my mother wanted me to do too. Secretly I planned to open a hunters clinic where hunters could come to in need of supernatural healing or an otherwise confusing wound to normal doctors.

I was proud of myself, I had good grades and caught on to this medical stuff pretty quickly. Keith only took the classes so that he could be with me, he claims to already know all of this stuff and more. I told him once I'd opened the clinic that he could be the sexy nurse with magic healing powers, and that all the girls hit on. For gods sake all the girls hit on him now. He was extremely hot but maybe it was the mystery vibe he gave off that attracts the chicks.

I stepped into the trainee area of the university hospital with Keith at my heels. The more advanced students got to actually help out in a real sort-of hospital. If it was an emergency then some experienced trainees would also get to help. This career was very hands on just how I liked it.

"today we are going to focus on the diseases and other various types of flu's that someone can get," mr. Bartlin started the class.

At lunch I sat with my usual friends Ashley, Jessica, Sasha, Doug, and Will. Ashley and Jessica were more of your blonde gossip type, while me and Sasha tended to keep to ourselves more often. Keith and the other guys typically wandered off and did who knows what. Ashley greeted me with a tight hug followed by Jessica. It was unusual becuase I they rarely ever hugged me or Sasha. I sat next to Jessica, who was giving me a warning glare.

"what?" I said mouth filled with a turkey sandwich.

"you didnt text me back, me and Ashley thought you were dead!" she complained. Sasha signaled me pretended to shoot herself in the head with her hand.

"sorry I didn't charge it, why would I be dead?"

Ashley and Jessica both gasped in shock.

"you mean that you haven't heard!"

"heard what?".

Ashley quickly pulled out her smart phone and showed me a picture of a black haired girl with blue eyes, just like me.

"do you recognize her?" Ashley asked. I nodded, I didnt know her name or anything but I'd seen her around campus.

"well she died."

I spit the water in my mouth back into my cup.

"yeah that's right and she didn't just die she was murdered!" Jessica said.

"murder at a college campus, really?" It seemed kind of unbelieveable to have murders at my college with a girl that looked like me. I began to think maybe something was after me and she was the closest in looks.