one

"pop star lauren jauregui got into a brawl with paparazzi earlier this week while leaving her office located in upper beverly hills." the woman on one of those celeb gossip tv shows said.

"i was trying to get to my fucking car!" lauren yelled to the video of her harshly pushing paps out her way; the censors bleeping out her fucks.

"i don't think they can hear you, lauren." ally, her best friend and manager/publicist, said when she walked into the room.

"i fucking hate the media." lauren groaned, running her fingers through her hair.

"i know honey. but don't worry your pretty little head. we'll have this all cleared up in your next interview."

"she's such a wild child. has fame gone to her head?" lauren heard come from the background.

sometimes fame really annoyed lauren. constant rumors, no privacy, people mobbing you in the streets, and of course the haters. lauren would ask for a normal life in a heartbeat, but she loved what she did. 

"sometimes i wish i could be a normal kid." lauren said aloud.

"we can't have it all kid." ally told her, sorting through some papers lauren had no clue what said. lauren never really knew what her contracts said, ally always said she would "take care of it" whatever that meant. she would always say the same thing: "you just sing and i'll worry about the business stuff".

lauren sighed and grabbed her notepad. she was currently trying to write a song but no inspiration was there.

"still suck?" ally asked.

"yup." lauren sighed heavily once again, throwing the pad across the table.

"don't stress yourself kid... you know what? take the rest of the day off." ally smiled.

"so what am i supposed to do?" lauren questioned.

ally shrugged. "go hang out with friends."

lauren chuckled darkly. "what friends? you said friends were a waste of time and a distraction, remember?" she raised her eyebrow.

"right." ally lifted up her head and looked up at the sky as if she were thinking about it. she shrugged and looked at her client and friend. "well do whatever you want. take a nap or
something. you look a little eh."

"wow, thanks." lauren rolled her eyes. but she got up anyway, leaving her office. diane, the woman who basically bashed her on the tv show was still stuck in her brain. lauren's name has not left the media's mouth in weeks, and it always something bad. and she absolutely hated when people called her music "pop". she thought she had more of an indie vibe but not quite; there was pop but she hated being categorized with the high pitched, weird noise music.

she slipped her dark ray bans on and took a big floppy hat off the front desk as she leaving. 

luckily, no recognized her yet, she walked down the street like a normal person for the first time in a long long time. she smiled to herself. of course she adored her fans, but having them crowd around you and suffocating you, trying to get a photo. the first time lauren was attacked by fans she almost passed out.

lauren found a café that she had never been to or seen. still no one recognized her. lauren inwardly thanked the heavens. she relaxed with the iced tea and a sandwich she had ordered. she scrolled around on twitter to kill time while she ate. she tweeted back some fans; who instantly freaked out. lauren smiled; she thought it was so cute when a fan would freak out just because she followed or tweeted them.

and of course with the good tweets, there is the bad. there were just as many hate comments as there were nice ones. many of them regarded her sexuality. faggot was the one lauren found most insulting and ignorant word to insult someone with. yes lauren has dated girls, not many, but a few. she never really dated guys as much, but did she find them attractive? yes. is she bisexual? lauren didn't like labels... in fact she hated. does it really matter who she fell in love with? would it make a drastic change in her life? not really. so she decided just to be lauren instead of that lesbian singer.

lauren had been in one relationship with another celebrity, she was an actress on an abc family tv show, and she's been in a couple of movies. her name was vanessa and being a hollywood couple, their hollywood name was laurenessa. vanessa thought it was cute while lauren thought it was hideous.

they were together for a while but broke up a few months ago due to busy schedules and never having enough time. the break up didn't help either of the stars focus on their careers, it just made them miss each other more; they would sneak out and send out secrets messages to meet each other. their mangers thought it would be best for them to be kept separate, so vanessa was off in australia shooting a movie.

when lauren was about finished with her lunch, she decided to take a quick pic of her lunch to post on instagram. she captioned it yum with the emoji sticking out it's tongue. she saw her mentions blow up with likes, follows, and comments. lauren took a closer look at the picture she posted. she realized the name of the restaurant was on her cup and napkin.

"fuck." she groaned, slapping her hands down to her lap. she knew within minutes, she'd be surrounded by fans and paparazzi. she gathered her stuff and didn't bother asking for the check. she slammed down a hundred dollar bill and quickly ran out the restaurant only to be greeted by big cameras in her face. she sighed and tried her best to push past them. she dug out her phone and dialed her personal driver.

"yes, miss lauren?" her driver, charles, answered.

"can you please come pick me up? i'm on sunset avenue." she yelled over the people calling her name. she soon had to switch her phone to hold between her ear and shoulder because some fans started to run up to her with  pens and paper.

"will do miss lauren. see you in a few."

"bye charles." lauren hung up. she grabbed a sharpie and signed a few phone cases and took pictures.

"can you sign my boob?" a fan asked.

lauren burst out laughing but agreed. she grabbed the sharpie and signed on the upper part of her breast. "there you go love."

lauren soon saw charles pull up a few feet away from her. she hurriedly ran towards the black range rover with fans and paps on her heels. she rolled down the windows and took a few more photos, before telling them she had to go.
lauren slumped back in her seat and sighed deeply, covering her face.

"rough day?" charles asked, looking at her through the mirror.

lauren let out a puff of air. "you have no idea."