Shattered Mirrors

"I really should've thought this through," I said and laughed.

"Yea, you should've," Sam said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm so comfy here though," I said and he laughed at me.

"Okay, let me take a quick shower and then we can go to the grocery store okay?" He asked and I nodded.

I showered last night after... you know what.

But I decided I might as well check the place out a little more.

Maybe reorganize the rooms how I want them to be.

I got out of bed and slid on my bra and undies and walked out of the room.

I went to the kitchen and they had everything but food.

We have plates, silverware, etc...

There was an island in the middle, white cabinets, and all stainless steel cookware.

The whole apartment was really modern and beach house-y.

I walked into the living room and took down all of the fake pictures that the real estate company puts up.

I opened them up and took out all the pictures and kept the frames.

All of the rooms had lots of windows and white wall paint which made everything really bright, and I loved it.

This room had a blue theme though.

The couches were white and pillows were blue and there were little things spread around the room that were a similar shade of blue and I'm like, it's perfect omg.

I was always a perfectionist when it came to things like this.

Unfortunately, there was a big ugly mirror leaning against the wall.

That needs to go.

I lightly pulled it away from the wall and it was heavy but I think it could manage.

Just kidding.

As I was dragged it, it decided to get caught on something and fall.

It made a huge noise.

"Shit," I said.

Sam came running in with a towel around his waist.

"What happened? Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yea I'm fine, I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you," I said and he giggled.

"It's okay, I was out of the shower anyways."

"Are you sure you are okay?" He asked and walked towards me trying not to step on glass.

"I'm sure. We just need to clean this up now," I laughed and he shook his head.

"Why were you moving it anyways?" He asked.

"It was ugly," I said.

"Okay, so do you not want a new one?" He asked and I vigorously shook my head.

"You go finish what you were doing, I'll start this," I said and pointed at the ground.

"Okay," He laughed and walked back into the bedroom.

I looked around in little closets around the house until I found a broom and dustpan.

I picked as much of it as I could and threw it all out.

I later found a vacuum and finished.

Once I was done I went back to the bedroom and sat down.

"Damn, that was a work out," I said and Sam laughed at me.

He threw me a pair of my own shorts and a black and white thinly striped short sleeve.

I changed into them and found my white converse.

I grabbed my makeup back and went into the bathroom where Sam was messing around with his hair.

"Does my hair look okay?" He asked and I laughed.

"You sound like me," I said.

"Just answer the question," He laughed.

"Yea, it looks okay," I answered and went back to my makeup.

"Ugh no it doesn't. It looks terrible," He sighs.

I just laughed.

"Oh my god Sam, sit down," I pointed at the closed toilet.

I messed around with it for a few minutes but I got it perfect.

"Thank you," He said.

"Your welcome, I answered and smiled.

He pulled on the collar of my shirt and I leaned down and gave him a kiss.

He made it linger.

I pulled away and finished my makeup.

I left my hair down as is since it was pretty straight.

We left and went to the store.

-

"I don't even know when the tour starts, I've been so busy with other things, I almost forgot about it," I said.

"Well there is one meeting that everyone has to go to and its in two days. Then we have like a week and then we will be one tour," Sammy said.

"Ah! This is all so exciting!" I said as I grabbed a box of lucky charms and threw it in the cart.

"Are you trying to make me fat?" He asked.

"Yea, that's definitely going to happen. Look at you!" I said and he laughed.

"But seriously, I still wanna be healthy," He said.

"I know, I know, but a box of cereal won't hurt, I won't buy it anymore," I sighed and he laughed at my disappointment.

Once we finished our shopping trip we went home.

"I'm glad I'm prepared so if there is a war or natural disaster and we are stuck in here for a while, we have enough food for a year," I said and he laughed.

"I know, say good bye to the grocery store for a few months," He said and we both died of laughter.

We put everything away.

I jumped up on the counter and he walked over.

"Listen, I need to talk to you," He said.

"Okay," I said nervously.

That's never a good sign.

"Stay here for a second," He said and ran upstairs.

He came back a minute later and stood in between my legs.

"I need to be honest with you. When we broke up before you left for Yale, I was debating what to do. I had two things I could have done. I could have been selfish, or selfless. I thought you would be better off on your own. Or at least without me. I thought I was a terrible influence on you. But after I let you go, it took everything in me not to go after you. My other option, the selfish one, was to do something I knew would change the relationship between us a lot. The thing I have in my pocket now, it the same one I had in my pocket that day. Now, I'm not asking you to marry me, I just wanted to show you how much I loved you then and how much I love you know." He said and pulled a box out of his pocket.

I didn't know what to do.

"I'll hold onto it until the time is right between us, but I wanted to ask if you would be my official girlfriend again?" He asked and I laughed.

"Of course," I said and kissed him.

"I don't want to see the ring, I want it to be a surprise," I said and he giggled.

"Girls and their romantic requests," He rolled his eyes.

"Hey, I think this topped my romantic list," I said and he laughed.

"Oh really? I'm hella good," He said and we laughed.

"Want to film that collab now?" I asked and he nodded and smiled.

-