A Deer In Headlights

"Hey sorry about everything that happened earlier, but Johnson and I better get going." Jack says as he looks from Johnson to me.

I stand up and give them both a hug.

"I think I'm just going to stay and work for the rest of the night, I see you guys soon okay?" I say and I wave and they open the door to leave.

"Mom it's going to be slow the rest of the night, you can go home, I'll close up." I tell my mom and I put on my apron.

"Are you sure?" She asks.

"Yea. Ill see you later."

"Okay love you." She says as she kisses my cheek and goes to the back to grab her purse and jacket.

~early tonight.~
~Sam's POV~

I get in my car and drive the other girl, who I don't even know her name, to some party down the street. I drop her off and drive home.

I lay in my bed and look at the ceiling.

What does she have against me? I didn't even do that much wrong? Why is she so sensitive? I don't understand how I can help the situation. I feel obligated to be a new, different, yet better person... If I were to be 'with' her. I don't even know if we have anything. These are all things I am not sure of myself. Do I want her? Do I want to change? For her? I need more time. To think. I thought she was just hot so that's why I asked her on a date. But I never try that hard on dates. She's different. Other girls just want to make out and have sex. She wanted to take it slow? But what do I want?

I hear my phone buzz.
~Text from Nash~
*dude where you've been? there's a sick party going on now... someone said they saw ur car but I don't see you here?! bro don't be a pussy, come on, have fun! see you soon... I'm expecting you✌️*

I ignore him. I walk around but then catch myself getting ready for the party. I threw on some jeans and a long t-shirt. Put on some cologne and get into my car. I drive back to where I was minutes before. I park down a few blocks and slowly make my way there. I walk through the yard. It's empty. However, I hear a ton of shouting and screaming coming from inside. I walk into the kitchen and see at least 40 people bunched around. People pushing and shoving. And then I see... Johnson and Marisa? I don't know them very well, but I know well enough they are not 'this' kind of couple. Not the ones that get drunk and do body shots on each other. They are usually the sweet couple that every girl is jealous of. Anyways, I look around and see Nash pouring drinks for everyone. I put my hand up and yell his name and I push through everyone to get to the front of the island in the kitchen. I ask for a shot and a lime.

Within the next 10 minutes I consume enough alcohol to be almost passed out. I should go. I don't want to get into any trouble. Especially if the cops come.

I slowly wobble may way out of the house. I sit down on the steps on the front porch to take a break before I head home.

It's nice outside. Not cold, not warm. I look up to the sky expecting a beautiful starry night, however, looking up made my head hurt and my stomach turned at the sight of all the moving stars spinning around. I throw up in the grass next to the stairs. I start walking towards my car. I pull my keys out of my pocket and get in.

"I don't live too far. I'll just drive really slow." I think to myself.

I start the car and slowly make my way down the street. I can't really tell how fast I'm going but it feels like 5 mph. I make my way to a light. It's green. So I keep going. I pass through 3 more lights without a problem. I don't see anyone out since it's about... I look down and check my phone.

I didn't have a chance to check the time. I tried to swerve out of the way. I remember the headlights in my eyes, me being frozen, the beeping of a horn. But next thing I knew I woke up in a hospital room.