Our First... Or Last?

The day feels like it lasts forever. Even though we started getting busy right as Sam left, I still couldn't concentrate on anyone or anything but him. I wait and wait and help out around the restaurant here and there but around 6 I ask my mom if I can leave.

"Where are you going?" she asks me suspiciously.

"On a date." I smile to myself as I grab my wallet and phone from underneath the counter.

"Okay have fun honey. And remember..."

I cut her off, "To be safe. I know, I know." I kiss her cheek and leave to get into my car. I'm trying to avoid the pep talk. I drive home and run upstairs to change.

I spray some dry shampoo into my hair, and French braid it down. I grab some black high waisted jeans and a long sleeve floral crop top and put on some black heels. Nothing too tall but just so I'm not a whole foot shorter than him. I'm 5'7 but still- I'm almost the perfect height now. His chin could rest on he top of my head. It's perfect. I am so excited.

I get carried away in my thoughts until I hear my phone vibrate on my desk. It's from Izzy.
*hey what happened last night? can we hang? I have a killer migraine😩*

I had to laugh a little. Of course she doesn't remember. But I'm too busy to remind her.

*sorry I'm a little busy. I have a date with 17! I'll talk to you tmro! sorry but love ya😂😘*

I respond slightly guilty but then realize it's kinda her fault for getting so drunk. I'll FaceTime her later about it.

I check the time. 6:56. Damn I better get going. I walk downstairs and run into my sister.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her, furrowing my eyebrows. She shouldn't be home alone...

"I am actually leaving right now, I'll see you later." She says as she walks out the door and steps into one of her friend's parent's cars. I watch them drive away and sigh.

"Love you too." I mumble to myself as I put on a thin black jacket and walk towards my car. I get a text from Sam with his address. I just realized I had no idea where I was just about to go but thank the lord he texted me.

I put his address into the GPS and felt relieved when I saw he was only ten minutes away.

A little while later, I pull up into his drive way. Butterflies in my stomach. Maybe even shaking slightly. I pop in a mint and grab my phone, keys, and wallet as I get out of my car. I walk to the front door and before I knock on the door I see a piece of paper taped to the front at about my eye level. It reads 'Go the the back.' I look around to see a stone pathway that leads around the house. As I follow I look around. He lives in a nice neighborhood. His family is quite wealthy. I think they own some business in Los Angeles or something. I heard about that.

I am greeted by Sammy standing in the middle of an enormous yard. Flowers everywhere. It was a well kept garden for sure. He smiles as he sees me and I look down. I keep walking towards him and I bite the inside of my cheek. When I'm about 5 feet away he pulls his hand out from behind him and pulls the cliché flowers behind the back move. Roses, cheesy but my favorite. He smiles and I stare at his face. He has soft yet quite noticeable features and to perfectly go along, he has a million dollar smile.

He wore dark jeans with black Vans. He had a white button up that he casually left untucked with the sleeves rolled up. His hair was styled spiky, the usual, and I noticed he had his ears pierced.

He hands me the flowers and I greet him with a long hug.

~Sam's POV~

I planned the whole afternoon out. If you ask me, I think I'm quite the lady's man and of course, a genius!!! I hear her car come and turn off, followed by the sound of a car door shutting. I wait with flowers behind my back, a smile on my face, and butterflies in my stomach. I don't know what it is about her but she's really pretty and not really like any of the girls I've been with before. I usually go for the cheerleaders. What a cliché. But I never really had a strong relationship before. I'm usually happy with my flings, to be honest.

I see her walking towards me and I smirk and bite my bottom lip. She blushes and looks down. When she gets close she looks at me as I pull some roses from behind my back. She smiles and takes them from me and she reaches in to hug me. She feels warm. Is that weird? Am I weird? I don't really care right now. This moment is sweet and simple. I love it.

~Jenna's POV~

As we sit down on a blanket in the yard he starts conversation,

"Do your parents own that place?" He asks with all his attention on me.

"Yea, I only started working there recently but I've always helped out since I was little. What about you? What do you do on your free time?" I ask in response and he lays down but perches his upper body using his elbow.

"I usually am with friends, sleeping, football." He pauses. "Omaha has always been a pretty boring place." He says followed by a forced laugh.

"What about your parents? Or siblings?" I ask out of pure curiosity.

"Parents are in LA for their work and I just stayed here. I grew up here and always liked it better so, here I am. And no siblings." He says bluntly.

We sit in silence for minute or so. Not bad silence, good silence. I can see him staring at me. A small smirk on his face.

"What?" I ask giggling.

"Nothing. It's just that you're," He pauses and intently watches me for a second or two, "beautiful." He smiles and stares into my eyes.

I smile and let out a small giggle. I don't know how to respond, so I sit there and watch him too. We smile and laugh for minutes back and forth. Almost as if having a conversation with each other without talking.

"It's going to get dark out." He states as his grin spreads until his teeth show.

"And?" I question him as if he's leading to something.

He stands up and walks inside.

~Sam's POV~

We stare at each other. She's amazing. I don't exactly know how I haven't seen her or noticed her before. She stares back at me. Her cheeks and nose turning red.

"What?" She asks referring to why I keep staring at her.

"Nothing. It's just that you're," I pause to admire her more. "beautiful." I say and smile at her reaction.

She blushes and giggles and she looks so good right now. I really want to kiss her. But I don't. For once, I'm afraid. Does she like me? As much as I am interested in her? But I'm supposed to be the bad boy so maybe I should just go for it?

We sit in silence but at the same time I feel like we are saying a million words.

"It's going to get dark out." She says calmly.

I get up to show her my surprise. I walk inside. I turn the light switch on and walk back out.

~Jenna's POV~
Lights. Lights everywhere. They look like the Christmas lights that you would put on your roof but they dangle around everywhere. I was surprised I didn't see them earlier. I lay down and look up. I don't stay there much longer after I hear music and Sammy walks up next to me and holds his hand out.

"Can I have this dance?" He asks with a bright smile. He helps me up and I wrap my arms around his neck and he rests his around my waist.

I play with his hair a little. I smile then look down. I have never really slow danced with a guy before but it's pretty simple. It honestly comes naturally. I bit my lip and I see him smile. I rest my head on his chest and I can hear his heartbeat. I close my eyes and listen to the music. Focus on me and him. This is so nice. I can't see his face but I know he had a huge grin on his.