Number 17

~Jenna's POV

I look at my parents pleadingly. They own a restaurant in Omaha, Nebraska and lately, I just felt like I needed some extra cash. So, I asked them about being a waitress. My parents opened it when I was young, so I know the ins and outs of the business.

My father exchanged glances with my mother, a smile on his face. My mother looked from him to me, reaching her hand out to touch mine. "We have been waiting forever for you to ask! This may sound strange" she stated, and to be honest, it did. It sounded like I just got married! They were just enthusiastic people though. "But we will be passing the business down to you when we feel you are ready. Years from now, of course, but we want you to have the experience," my mother continued. I let out a sigh of relief, running a hand through my light brown hair. My mother's green eyes glinted with excitement and my father's chocolate ones seemed proud.

"So, when can I start?" I questioned, wanting to start getting experience and of course, some dough! My father shrugged casually, looking from my mother to me. "Well, it doesn't matter to us. It just has to be after school, and you have to have your homework done before you come to work." I internally rolled my eyes. I was a straight A student and so were my parents, so they expected me to hold their "legacy"... if that's even what it's considered.

After the conversation and small talk came to a stop I walked up to my room. I walk past the cheesy family portraits and art work from when I was in elementary school. I stop and take a moment to look at my personal favorite, a drawing I did in 5th grade of me, my parents, and my younger sister Anna. Anna is about 9 years old and she can be a brat (she has a bit of sass) but I can definitely keep up with comebacks.

I continue up to my room and when I walk in I see Oreo, my adorable husky. We recently adopted him from a shelter. His tail wags as I greet him with open arms... literally. I sit on my bed and pull out my homework. I realize all I have is a science packet that I can whip up in minutes. I check my phone and realize I have a few texts coming in. Two from my best friend, Izzy, and 14 from a group chat... Ugh they never shut up.
~text from izzy~
*hey girly!!! wanna hang tonight? football game starts at 7!?😏*
I respond with a simple, "Sure! Pick you up at 6 so we can grab Chili's!"
I ignore the group chat with my other friends... I have friends (obviously), and am usually on good terms with everyone however, I feel like Izzy is one of my closer friends and we get along perfect! We have known each other forever, since we go to school together and have a majority of classes together. She is energetic, outgoing, and lively. She's not popular nor is she a loner. She has long wavy hair, amber eyes, and I dream about being as skinny as her. She shoves ramen noodles down her throat like its all she can ever do yet she still achieves the perfect beach body. She had an amazing sense of style.

I take a quick shower without washing my hair. I put my long and straight hair in a pony tail and hope it will work for the night. I put on some concealer, liquid eyeliner to help my hazel eyes pop, and some mascara that will last for the game and a possible after party. I put on jeans and black tank top with a thick flannel and combat boots. I throw on a few Alex and Ani bracelets and spray myself with coconut body mist to finish off my routine.

I sit on my bed and go through my tumblr and part of my Twitter feed until I realize it's 5:50. I go downstairs and run into my mom, "What time are you coming back?" I turn around to face her, "I'm not sure, I am going to pick Izzy up now and grab something to eat before the game... don't worry I'll drive safe! Love you!" I quickly say before closing the door behind me. Keys and wallet in hand I walk to the car and head towards Izzy's.
~5 mins later~
"Hey! You look so cute!" She says as she buckles and I back out of her driveway. "Thanks! But it's not cuter than that sweater you're wearing. Where did you get it?"
"Forever 21... the usual." She says. We gossip and chit chat on our way to Chili's. She already called in our orders so I make her go in a get it while I wait in the car. "Hey sorry there was a bit of a line." She says slightly out of breath from walking about 20 feet. We eat in the car and talk about guys, and guys, oh and guys!!
Izzy is someone I relate to a lot and we have always gotten along...