Broken

~Sam's POV~

I woke up in the hospital with the sound of my heart beeping on the monitor beside me. My head felt fuzzy as I attempted to sit up, groaning in pain. No one was beside me but... Out of everyone, Jenna. She was holding my hand and tears were in her eyes.

"Hey..." I croaked. She helped my sit up and straightened my pillows for me.

"Hi.." She whispered, quickly letting go of my hand.

"You can hold it," I reassured her but then groaned as I talked.

"Shh," she shushed me, ignoring what I said. "I'll explain everything."

She was still in her pajamas- black leggings with a baggy tshirt and UGGs. She sat on a cushioned, foldable chair beside my bed. There were wires everywhere, and I looked down to see I was wearing a gown. Sticky patches were on my chest hooking me up to the heart monitor and I had fluids connected to me. My head was killing me, and just breathing was an effort. I felt miserable in this small room with white walls, not even a window. But Jenna made it all feel ok...

~Jenna's POV~

"According to the cops, your blood-alcohol level was dangerously high... And you were driving, obviously," I stated quietly, avoiding looking at him. "They found your phone crumpled in the front seat of your car. So not only were you drunk and driving, but you were texting."

I saw him turn his head, obviously embarrassed and in shock at everything.

"But the other person was texting too. They came out with a few cuts and bruises but they're fine. They won't press charges because they can't if they were texting. You're fucking lucky Sam- imagine if you killed someone?" I stated, my voice rising in volume as I gripped the arms of the chair.

He still wouldn't look at me, which made me angrier. I may not have spent too much time with him, but I know if we aren't going to 'be together' then we were at least considered friends. I try not to think about what happened at the restaurant days ago.

"And the hospital called me, ME, because not only were you checking the time, but you were in the middle of texting me. With your parents away, I was the one they called. I almost had a heart attack. Yea I was angry at you but I thought you were gonna die, Sammy!" I yelled at him.

He turned to look at me, slightly angry looking. "Can you save me the fucking lecture for later? I have a bad headache," he snapped.

I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You have a concussion and 3 fractured ribs, along with a cut along your head and bruises," I stated bluntly, getting up.

"Where are you going?" He asked, looking at me with anger still.

"Home."

"Why?" He asked, suddenly not angry anymore but desperate.

"Because I'm giving you a headache," I mocked him. To be honest, I was just mad at what he did. Texting and driving, being drunk and driving, everything, was messed up. Underage drinking...

I felt like the more I was around him, the more I saw him for who he was. My thoughts kept running around my head. I don't know how to feel.

I began walking out when I heard him call my name.

"Jenna.."

~Sam's POV~

"Jenna.." I begged. I sighed, closing my eyes as my head felt like it was about to explode.

I opened them to see her turning back around, tired and worn out.

"I'm sorry, for everything. For being with that girl right after our date. I did it on purpose in your restaurant cause I knew you'd be there and I was angry. Angry you wanted to take it slow because that's usually not me. And also after how you reacted with my friends... I'm sorry I invited my friends over to smoke weed. I don't understand why it's a big deal, but I know that you aren't used to a guy like me. I drive everyone away. I'm broken Jenna, and I understand if you don't want to try to fix me. I'm so sorry about this stupid mistake. I should've never drove, I knew it was stupid," I took a deep breath. I played with the bandage wrapped around my head as I looked at Jenna. She looked speechless but finally, she sighed.

"I want to fix you Sammy and I want to see if maybe we can date, and be there for each other. But it really depends- do you want to change for the better?"

I looked at her, stunned. Truly, I was stunned because I couldn't answer that questions. My mouth was open slightly and Jenna shrugged her shoulders.

"Your choice, but text me when you know." She walked out and I sat in my room, alone, stuck in my thoughts.

Do I want to go through the trouble of changing? For her? For me?