Fake smile

"What the hell?" I yell at Sammy.

"Look who's talking? What the hell are you doing? Do I even want to know? How could you? I have actually tried for you, you are so innocent and nice and different than any of the other girls I've dated and I love you and we are dating and I never date, you know more than anyone I've tried so hard for you and how do you repay me?" He yells back.

"I'm sorry! It wasn't me! He kissed me and it all happened to quick! Sammy you know I would never do something like this to anyone, especially to you, I love you too. I wouldn't ever want to hurt you." I try to sincerely say as I see Kenny waking back up but I know he will still be out for a few more mins.

"That's what they all say... and you did hurt me." He pauses and looks down. "Whatever I'm going. You should help out ur boyfriend that's on the floor there." He says and starts to walk off.

"Sammy! You can't just leave!" I yell and run after him.

He walks up to his car and he opens the door he gets in. He starts the car and I stand in front of it. He motions for me to move but I stay stationary. He starts to push on the pedal but swerves onto the grass and goes around me. I give up and I walk back to the front and see Kenny sitting up on the steps almost the same way as I saw him when I first came... except this time he has a black eye.

"Here let me help you." I say and I stick my hand out.

"Sorry." He says and looks down.

"Kenny, don't," I say but he cuts me off.

"Just stop, I tried to get in between you two. I just still think it's in your best interest to leave him though." He sighs and looks back up at me seeking an answer. After I don't answer he speaks again.

"I just really want to date you and I know I can make you just as happy, well happier, much happier. You may not realize it now, but he is a bad influence on you. I am so much better than him." He says and I am shocked.

"Maybe you should go," I say and look down. I am honestly uncomfortable and he should have told me this, he's smarter than this, I thought he was still on Izzy to be honest, but maybe not.

"Okay, I'll see ya later maybe... Sorry Jenna." He says and walks away. I pick up my stuff off the front porch from earlier and go through the still open door.

No one is home so I just run up to my room. I put everything down on my bed and hand my prom dress up in my closet.

I pull my phone out to see texts from Izzy. I don't bother reading them, I just call her.

"Hey," I say and sigh.

"You okay?" She asks.

"No." I pause and think about how I should even start. "Kenny came to my house after I got home and kissed me and Sam saw and got pissed but long story short it ended up weird but anyways yea I told Kenny he should go so he left and yea." I say and catch my breath.

"Jenna, oh my gosh." She pauses and there is silence for a few seconds. "You should probably talk to Sam." She finally says.

"I know," I say and think about how I should even approach the situation.

"Well are you going to hang up on me already because you really need to get going on that. I mean it's Saturday and Prom is next Sunday so you have almost a week but that's still not a lot of time to fix this so you better get going." Izzy says and I know she is right.

"K bye thank you!" I say quickly and I cut her off and hang up. I smile at myself because I know she is laughing at the fact I hung up so quickly.

I walk into my closet and put on one of Sammy's sweatshirts. I pull on a pair of slightly ripped skinny jeans and brown boots... It's starting to get late and I already know it's going to be chilly when I got outside. Its only four but I don't know how long I'm going to be out.

I walk downstairs with my phone in hand and grab the keys on the counter.

I get in my car and pull out of my driveway. I drive slowly as I think about what I'm going to say when I see him. I am so conflicted and I don't like Kenny, I am just worried that he will keep trying to get in between us. I love Sammy but I just want to make sure he understands I won't go off with other boys, this was on Kenny not me, I apologized and I didn't mean it. I didn't and won't kiss him. I just hope he understands that.

When I reach his house I see his car in the driveway and two others. I have never seen them before and I am curious but I ignore it and walk to the front door.

I ring the doorbell and see Sammy open the door. His eyes get wide and I see an older woman and man walk up behind him moments later. I am assuming they are his parents. They are never around, I rarely hear anything about them.

"Sammy who is this?" His mother looks down at him and he just stares at me. After what feels like 10 minutes, he steps down from his front porch and walks up to me but turns his body to face his parents and puts his arm around my shoulder and I look at him.

"Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend Jenna." He looks up at them and I smile. I am highly confused as to why he isn't mad, why he even bothered to introduce me to his parents as his girlfriend when he was clearly angry at me only a little bit ago.

"It's nice to meet you Jenna." Sam's mother says and sticks her hand out and I gladly shake it and smile. His father does the same.

"Well, Jenna, would you like to join us for dinner?" Sam's dad asks but before I respond, Sam butts in.

"Dad, actually we can't, we have a date tonight sorry!" He says and smiles as he starts to walk me down the steps.

"Nice to meet you!" I yell back at his parents and wave and they smile and wave back.

We walk to my car and he gets in the driver seat.

His mood immediately changes and he has a straight face. No emotions. Well, maybe a hint of anger but he's doing good at hiding it.

I open my mouth to speak but I decide to keep quite as he pulls out of his driveway in silence and a stern look on his face.

He starts driving and I decide to pay attention to where he is going, but after a minute I notice I have never been on the streets he is going on so I sit back and just look out the window.

I wanted to turn the radio on to break the silence but I knew he wouldn't want me to.

"I'm sorry okay?" I look at him in desperation, "What else do you want me to say? I kissed him and I hated it, it wasn't like anything you and I feel. Or at least how I feel with you. He made me uncomfortable and you are mad at me for it, I'm sorry but stop the car." I say and sit up.

"No." He simply says and drives on.

"Stop the car." I say calmly but more stern.

He looks over to yell at me and I just look forward. All of a sudden I see a kid running into the street.

It all happened to quick. I grabbed the wheel and turned it quickly and Sammy pushed on the breaks.

Next thing I know we are rammed into a tree.

"Sammy," I say and put my hand on my head.

"Yea I'm fine, I'm here." He said in a moaning way. "What the hell was that?" He asks after a few seconds.

"There was a kid in the street." I say and realize that I should probably go see if anything happened. I get anxious.

I quickly open the door and run towards the street. I see a little girl standing in the middle of the road just staring at me in shock.

"Honey I'm so sorry, are you okay?" I ask and kneel down to her.

She slightly nods and I see a tear roll down her cheek.