Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

'So tell me, what are your hobbies?'

Chloe wanted to roll her eyes.

'Well I love music- I teach it- and I like to keep myself fit'

'I can see that', David winked.

The redhead pretended to laugh, but she wasn't kidding anyone.
Deciding to ignore it, David moved onto the next topic of conversation.

'I heard that you used to be in an a capella group. What was that like?'

'Really amazing actually. I met some of my best friends in that group', Chloe smiled.

'Singing a capella must be hard, I imagine', he said, taking a swig of beer.

'It's definitely a hard skill to grasp, but when you're surrounded by your best friends, competing with them and living with them, it's the greatest thing in the whole world'

'Stuff like that stays with you forever', David told her.

'It sure does'
-------------------
Beca was counting down the days until the Bellas meeting. She was looking forward to seeing everyone, but she wanted to see Chloe especially. They had messaged each other once or twice, but it wasn't the same as seeing her in person.
Right now she was at home working on a mix for a set she was due to play in a weeks time.

'There...we...go', she said aloud as she finished editing.

She looked at the time. It was 2am.

'Should probably sleep, Mitchell',she told herself.

Once her laptop was shut off, she got changed into her PJs, then slipped under the sheets of her bed.

Miles and miles away, Chloe was sleeping- dreaming of Beca holding her. Her date with Dave ended in her gaining a friend, but nothing more.
---------
It was the day before the Bellas meeting. The Bellas were having a group chat on Facebook.

Flo: -Beca, how are you getting here?-

Amy: -She's catching a flight-

Beca: -I should be at the airport ready to drive over at about midday. Dad's picking me up-

Flo: -Okay. Let us know when you arrive-

Beca: -Will do.-

Beca rang her dad, checking the arrangements for the next day.

'Sorry, Becs, I have to take Sheila to her mother's'

'We've been talking about this for a month, dad. Why do you have to pick her over me every time?', Beca said angrily.

'Don't be childish. I'll get your uncle to-'

The brunette hung up before he could finish. After a minute of sighing and muttering to herself, she logged back onto Facebook.

Beca: -Turns out I can't come after all. Taking Sheila out is more important to dad than taking me to see you guys-

Stacie: -What? No! We can't meet without you!-

Flo: -Could you get someone else to take you?-

Beca: -I don't really have any family members that would be willing to. Sorry, guys-

Jessica: -I'd pick you up, but my car is getting serviced-

Chloe: -I could meet you at the airport if you want-

Beca: -I don't want to make you go out of your way for me though-

Chloe: -Honestly, it's fine. Text me the time your flight lands and I'll drive there for that time x-