20 - Sylvianna Naomi Goldman

Start from the beginning

"The garage, the code is 77530." I hear the garage door open and the next thing I know Katie is rushing to my side. The phone clicks as she hangs up

"I've called an ambulance and they are on their way. I also texted Chance to see his progress with Chris and he said their is a crappy traffic jam getting to his office."

"Okay, well in the mean time we've never been formally introduced. Hi, I'm Harper Goldman." I stick out my hand for a handshake

"It's really nice to meet you, my name is Katie Quinn." She starts to giggle

"What's so funny?"

"I can honestly say you are the only person I know who would be in labor and care about formal introductions. Plus, would you like me to help you get to the couch? The floor doesn't look comfortable."

"I'm fine, I think I hear sirens. Go open the front door."

She gets up from beside me and rushes to open the front door. Paramedics rush into the room and help get me situated in a stretcher.

"Can she come?" I say motioning to Katie

"What about the father?" One paramedic says

"Not here. Can she come?" Anger filling my voice

"Yes, one person."

Katie springs up and follows us to the waiting ambulance. We load up and head to the hospital.

"We got a woman here in labor, not sure total progress but maybe to late for epidural." A paramedic, who's name is Jill, shouts to the room.

"I'm going to do this alone?" I ask very panicky

"No, I'm going in with you." Katie says

"You've met me for maybe an hour do you seriously want to watch me give birth?"

"Listen, I know how you feel since the father isn't here and I don't want you to feel that way. Let me come."

I nod and she follows us down the hall as they wheel me up to maternity labor & delivery, and discover I am 10 cm dilated so 100% to late for an epidural.

"Ma'am, my name is Mona Cecil and I am the doctor in charge of this delivery. On the next contraction your going to have to push."

A wave of pain hits me "PUSH!" The doctor shouts, I grab the cold, hard, stiff metal railing and cling to it as I push.  Suddenly I feel Katie take my hand and hold it

"You can do this Harper. I've heard a lot about you from Chance and I know you've got this in you.

- 20 minutes later -

"Baby Girl, 11:37 am, May 10th." Mona calls out as my baby girls cries fill the room. A doctor cuts the cord and hands her to me

Congratulations fill the room from nurses and Mona.

"Congrats Harper. What's this little gals name?"

"Sylvianna Naomi Goldman."

"Your a lucky gal Miss Sylvianna. With a mommy like this you'll go far."

"Katie," I pause "Will you be the godmother and Chance be the godfather?"

She speaks before shouting out yes and at that moment I hear shouting in the hallway from Chris.

"LET ME SEE MY WIFE AND BABY!"

The door opens and in rushes Chris. He runs over to me and kisses my forehead

"I missed her birth, I can't believe this."

"It's okay, you are here now." I say leaning in for a kiss

Katie point to the door and mouths something. She walks out leaving Chris and I salons with Sylvianna and Mona.

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs Goldman." Mona says leaving the room

"Our baby is perfect and so are you." Chris says

-------
A/N
Chris and Harper had a baby!!!! Eek! This made me so happy to write.
Plus, I have my crossover introduced! It will be a separate book focusing on how the Goldman's and Quinn's get along during their business deal and additionally their personal time together. Anyways, I am excited to see where this book goes. As of this point I have at least another 10-15 chapter + an epilogue! So, lots more of the Goldman's to come.

~ K

P.S. the next 1/2 chapters will have the Quinn's in them!