Chapter 11

It was strange to think that I had been in there not 2 days ago. The arena was so much more intimidating looking in. I stood at a viewing glass, watching for Jake. He had just gone in about fifteen minute ago.  

His kiss still lingered on my lips and I sighed, trying to calm down. I tried to focous on his last words to me before going in; "I love you. I'll be back safe and sound. I Promise". But a bunch of killer bees were swarming in the pit of my stomach and I couldn't stop fidgeting.  

"So who's it gunna be this time, boys?" I heard someone say to my left. I looked over to see about six or seven guys looking in.  They all seemed to be very eager which discusted me.

"Hard to say" a blond boy said with bad acne covering his round face "I'd say Jake and Megan but Jake has been pretty out of it lately". They all mumbled agreements.  

"Wasn't it because his girlfriend had some sort of accident?" A brunette asked. The blond boy caught me staring at them and gave me a strange look full of wonder and curiosity.

"It was you!" He exclaimed, his face brightening. They all turned to me. I blushed and looked down, embarrassed. Why did all these people know me? I just wanted to be left alone.

"You sure?" I heard someone say with a very deep voice.  

"No no, it's you. Your Jake's girlfriend right?" He asked, stepping forward.  

"Yeah" I mumbled.  

He looked smug and stuck his hand out to me "Jason".  

I hesitantly shook his with my bandaged hand. People saw me get stabbed so I needed to bandage my hand to cover the fact that I was fine.  

"Katrina" i said and he gave me a wide grin showing me the shine of his blue and silver braces.

"Your boy is pretty good" he replied, letting go of my hand.  

"So I hear" I remarked.  

"You haven't seen him fight yet?" Jason asked, giving me a confused look. He was kind of cute in a nerdy way.

I shook my head "this would be my first time".  

He nodded "when's you initiation? I'd like to see you in action" he flirted, despite knowing I was with Jake.  

"Last Monday" I answered, a small smile creeping on my lips.  

"Too bad" he said, his bright face dropping a little.  

"Whoa guys! They split!" One boy exclaimed. Everyone looked up at the moniter above me.  

The plasma showed Megan but Jake was no where to be seen. 

"Where is he?" I chocked out, the fist of fear gripping my windpipe making my voice hoarse and shaky. No one answered.  

Megan took off in a sprint away from a few bodies. She carried with her a small blade. She turned into an opening where Tanner sat. I had seen this before. More than once. I watched in horror as the familiar scene unfolded on the screen. They exchanged few words and although i couldn't hear it over the murmer that swept over the crowd, i knew exactly what they were saying. I watched their mouths for the words that played over and over in my mind. My dream. It was exactly how i saw it. She raised the knife to her throat. I wanted to look away so bad but I was frozen.  

Her blood painted the grass and surrounding trees as she fell to the forest floor. I let out something between a shriek and a sob. I covered my mouth, my eyes swimming with tears. Megan was dead and I had no idea where Jake was. I heard all the boys shuffle away from me and I turned to seen black as night eyes staring down at me. Miles.