Chapter 5

"and remember to get your hand on a weapon. There is a limited number of them and if you don't have one your as good as dead. They are hidden all around the area. Also remember to get an area where you can easily defend yourself. Near a viewing window is good because i can see you and maybe try to help you. And another thing-" Jake ranted.

"Jake" i said louder then his ranting "you have told me this a million times! I know" he looked so scared. Jake never looked scared. I looked down. Jake looking scared made me even more frightened. I was wearing tight back caprees and a black tank top and sturdy, small, black tigh up running shoes.

Jake lifted my chin with a finger and whispered "i love you...so much. i cant loose you. Im so sorry".

"you have nothing to apologize for" i replied "i love you too".

"2 minutes till battle" an invisible voice boomed. I felt a flash of panic but Jake threw his arms around me and hugged me like he's never hugged me before. That sent my panic to ease for a few minutes. I hugged him back, savoring the moment. It could be my last with him. He pulled away and kissed me. He caressed my lips with his, like angle wings. I felt so alive when i was so close to death.

I pulled away when the voice boomed again "one minute till battle".  

"ill be back" i promised. A tear fell from his eye as he stared at me. I kissed the tear away, squeezed his hands one more time, and let go. I stared walking backward, trying not to break our eye contact but had to when a bumped into a burly boy with dark brown hair and more muscle then you could count.

"oh sorry" i apologized with a smile.

He looked me once up and down and sneered "you are so dead" and walked away.

I stood there stunned. I shook myself and turned my thoughts to everything i had learned. I gathered with the others on a silver metal plate almost on the floor. It was very large but it had to be to hold all these people. I saw a large clock on the gray walls with green numbers at 25...24...23...22...21. The numbers were taunting me. I made sure to be on the plate. Jake said that if you weren't on the plate when the timer hits 0, you would be killed. I don't know how they would know who to kill. I looked at the clock again and it said 15...14...13...12...11...10.

I looked back at Jake and tried to say "i love you" but no sound came out.

He knew what i ment. "i love you too" i couldn't hear him but i read his lips. His gorgeous lips. I looked back to the clock and it said 5...4...3...2...i close my eyes for a second. I felt no change but when i opened my eyes i was in the arena. I was in the middle of trees. Thats all i saw, trees, grass, and more trees. I looked around for a weapon. Apparently they were hidden all throughout the arena.

Out of the corner of my eye i saw a flash of metal really high up. I mean really high up. In a tree. Why do the trees have to be so massive? I sighed and went to the bottom of the tree. I hear crash through the bushes to my left. Someone was coming and they were coming fast. I turned around with my back to the tree and waited. The big boy that told me i was dead came through the trees and smiled deviously. His smile dropped suddenly and he ran like an angry bull towards me. I ducked and the last minute and he smashed into the tree. I did a James Bond roll and got to my feet. He was already turning towards me and swung a punch. I put my arm up and took the impact with my arm. Again on the other side. He surprise me and punched me right in the stomach. I was thrown back and sprawled on the floor. He came towards me and i swung my left to the side, hitting him almost with my foot. He fell back and i scrambled up to the tree.

Physically, i was no match for this guy. I needed whatever was up in that tree. I started to climb and heard him get up. I climbed faster, reaching, reaching, reaching. He grabbed my foot suddenly and tried to pull me down. I kicked and planted a solid kick in the face. He fell back down to the ground and i climbed further. I could hear him climbing below me so i climbed faster. What seemed like hours past for me to reach the branch with the shining object but it was only probably minutes.  He was closing in on me.