Chapter 6

I guess this was an alright place to die. Not ideal but it would do.  I was, again, with Brittany and the boy had somehow tracked us down. He followed in silence as we walked to find a good window to defend. We arrived at the same window we were at before. Perfect. Jake, of course, was waiting at the window for me. I smiled at the sight of him but didn't like the idea that he could possibly watch me die. I walked to the lake and Brittany and Ryan sat below the window. I splashed some water on my face and neck, the cool water caressing my skin. I brought another handful to my mouth and greedily slurped it down. I hadn't realized how thirsty i had been i thought as i brought another mouthful to my lips. I brought my hands down to find blood on them. Oh yeah, the boys blood i had smeared on my face to prevent people from seeing the scratch had healed plus other people i had taken down.

I hurried to wash their life blood from my skin. I shivered with disgust and went to meet Brittany and Ryan. I could see Brittany had her wound looked after and the boy didn't seem to be injured.

"what now?" Ryan asked.

"we wait, i guess" i replied.

He nodded. "so how did you get in here?" Brittany asked.

"my father was in, my brother was in, and i am expected to carrie on the tradition" he shrugged.

"who's your brother?" i asked.

"Shane. Shane Leroy" i didn't know who that was. Maybe Jake did? Snap.I distinctly heard a twig snap due north.

"get up and ready" i said, standing. They followed my lead and Ryan stood more behind me. I listened hard. 4 people were coming. There was also 3 coming directly towards them. A few more steps and..there! I heard shots being fired, screams echoing through the forest, and the clang of blades making contact. All too soon, it was done and the 4 had decimated the 3 people. They sounded strong and they were coming in our direction now. I griped my blade that i had started out with. The 4 emerged from the forest, 3 boys and 1 girl. Time to face them head on.

"well well what do we have here" one of the boys called with a smirk.

"Satan's child i presume?" i taunted back.

He frowned. "lets get this over with" the girl said " i want to go home" she almost looked bored.

He sighed and nodded. "lets get 'em" he yelled and charged like a racehorse. Ryan cowered behind me and i realized he didn't have a weapon. 2 charged me and the other boys charged Brittany. I pushed Ryan a little backwards with my elbow so he was more out of harms way and out of mine. The girl brought her knife down on me hard and i blocked it as well as blocking a swing from the boy on my right with the other slightly larger knife. I jumped up and planted a good solid kick in his chest and he was sent flying. I turned my attention to the girl who swung her knife at me again. Cling block. Clang another block. She was frustratedand i was kind of bored. Imagine that, me about to kill someone and im bored. No wonder i wasn't entertained easily. I put my knife in front of me while she was on a rebound and ran straight into her. She was knocked to the ground and was gone. I got up and felt the vibrations of the boy getting up. I spun around, giving neither of us time to recover, and rammed head on, knocking us to the ground. I made sure to stay on top. When we made contact with the ground, i forced his stunned hands under my legs that were straddling his upper chest. Although it was no use, he wriggled and whimpered under my weight, flopping around like a fish out of water. I felt bad for trapping him like this. It wasn't enough, though, to prevent me from raising the knife over my head preparing to strike. I looked down into...familiar eyes.

He had brown short hair, cinnamon eyes, and a few freckles although he did not have red hair. I thought his mom did. This caught me off guard and he was able to throw his weight hard enough that i tumbled off him and he rolled on top of me in the same position i had him in not two seconds ago. I griped the knife and swated as much as i could but it was like catching air.

"Adam" i screamed but he jammed his fist into my windpipe. He chocked off my screams and i struggled against him. Don't do this, i silently plead with him. He quickly lifted his fist from my throat and brought it back down on my cheek in a sharp punch. My face was jerked to the side and i caught a glimpse of Jake though the window. He look in as much pain as i was. I was brought back to Adam's attack when he punch me again. I spat blood and chocked out a sob of pain and terror.

"Adam!" I struggled to not burst out and just lay there and sob. I heard another person fall to the ground. Brittany must have killed them.

"Brittany" i screamed. "Rina!" Brittany replied. Rina? She had either already given me a nickname or heard my name wrong. I think it was a nickname and was honestly kind of cute. I heard more sword clanging and i knew then she was...busy.

"Ryan!" i called. I doubt he will be of much use but it was worth a shot. I actually heard him move from behind a rock but then he settled down again to wait for my death. I went a little limp then, knowing that there wasn't much else to do. Adam leaned forward a bit and came back with a knife in hand. I did not cry. I did not move. I did not beg for my life. All of that would do no good and i knew it. I just...waited. Adam lifted the knife high up above me and brought it down. The knife cut through the air fast and forceful. I blinked and then was back in the beginning room! This surprised Adam enough to loosen the grip on my hand and i wedged it out, with a bit more than human speed, and got in the middle of my heart and the knife. The knife went through my hand like butter and melted into sparks of pain which  sent my toes curling in my shoes and my ragged voice sending a piercing scream into the room, which surprisingly had good acoustics.

Blood ran down my hand in different streams like a race. Adam looked around and hoped off me. Brittany must have killed the other boy. That left... Me, Ryan, Brittany, Adam, and... I saw a boy on the ground near Brittany covered in blood. He must not be dead yet. Jake pushed his way through the crowd of onlookers to me. He helped my up and just put his lips to mine. It distracted me from the pain a bit. I kissed him back with everything i had. Showing him how sorry i was and how much i loved him. He pulled back and just hugged me. I hung my bad hand on my side and embraced him with the other.

"never leave me" i heard him whisper.

"never. I love you" i whispered back. He looked down at me questioningly. It was probably the hug. I held up my hand. His eyes widened. He almost touched my wrist but didn't for fear of hurting me. Nurses and doctors started to run in.

"get me out of here" i told Jake as quietly as i could. I could heal! Jake lead me through the crowd and everyone just stared. I looked around at the unfamiliar faces...except one. Black as the night sky piercing eyes. His head was cocked to the side again, looking at me with amusement. Miles. He nodded once slightly and then was gone.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter! hope you enjoyed! Fan, vote, comment!